jlen

A-License course in Mexico...?

Hi everybody!

I'm new here and i want to learn to skydive. I'd like to get my full A-license and would like to combine it with a trip to mexico.

Does anyone here know of anywhere I can do this? I'm afraid i dont speak spanish though... Yet!

Please help!

Are they allow to issue "A" since Mexico is not really US territory and USPA got noting to do with any DZ's located there?

Edit: I assume it can be done if Instructors and coaches are USPA rated?

If the training institution is FAI affiliated, then their licenses should be recognised by any other FAI affiliated DZ.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi everybody!

I'm new here and i want to learn to skydive. I'd like to get my full A-license and would like to combine it with a trip to mexico.

Does anyone here know of anywhere I can do this? I'm afraid i dont speak spanish though... Yet!

Please help!

With all due respect I want to raise the issue?

What is your priority, takeing a trip or learning to skydive?

Because the learning capital of the world is here in the USA and in close proximity to a wind tunnel!

So being a bit of a parent make your choice!

Trip or learning, because you can't do them both.

Just my juvinile opinion!

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

I would get your A-License somewhere close to home then go on a trip to mexico to jump for fun. When you're a student you're going to be on weather holds a lot and whatnot.

I just started AFF and I thought about getting my class A in Dubai and now am glad I didn't because it would have been a waste of a trip, the thing is you think you could do 5 jumps a day but the reality is not only will winds hold you back a lot (I imagine in Mexico especially) but also you need time to digest the jumps to get anything out of them, doing more than 3 a day probably is counter productive. And you'll also make new awesome friends who also are working on their AFF, in Mexico you probably aren't going to make such friends. Mexicans are awesome but you don't want to pass up an opportunity to make friends close to home who are at your level.