fireman_1957

Get "A" quickly

My friend and I live/work out of country. We will be traveling to the US this summer for a few weeks. My friend has try skydiving(and tunnel), loves it and just want to get cert. out of the way. Does any one know a dropzone were you can get your "A"(24 jumps) in under a week?

Looking for the static line progression method of learning.

Thanks

Chris

If you're restricting yourself to static line your choices are going to be drastically decreased. You won't have much choice as far as where you can go. And that may pose a problem because the number one facter in betting a license that quickly is weather. So you want to make sure you go where the weather is more likely to be good for that week. For these reasons you should strongly consider doing AFF.

But one thing that static line training can do that AFF cannot is be able to jump with low clouds. AFF needs 9K, static line can be started at 3k and move higher as delays get longer.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Static line method it how I learn. I believe its a great way to learn. Its over all less expenvise and doesn't hurt the pocket as bad when you fail a jump.

There is no such thing as failing a jump. That comes from the old AFF 7 level program. The US now uses "Categories" in which there are more than one jump in each category as you progress. If you don't meet the objectives for that dive in that category,, you simply remain in that category until you've met the objectives.

Please take into account two things, 1) Most static line DZs are weekend only operations, and 2) whether you go AFF OR Static-line, both instructional methodologies will have you complete the performance objectives at approximately the same 25 jumps required for the "A" license.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.