jumbo

300lb wannabe

First, I want to thank everyone for their posts. The discussions being batted around are very informative.
Second, I appreciate everyone that has offered words of encouragement. And, as importantly, The people that have just laid it on the line, and said what needs to be said (i.e. 100 pounder sports vs. 300 pounder sports).
I'll have some more info about my quest in a few weeks. After I make my first jump.
Yeah, you read it right. I'm slated to jump in a couple of weeks. I've made an agreement with my instructor that, if when I arrive, he doesn't like what he sees (me). I'll catch the next flight home no questions asked and no hard feelings. A rig is being adapted to meet the requirements for my size and build. I've got a custom made suit to help slow me down. and I'm working on dropping a few pounds before I go. There's more to it than that, but I'll save the rest for the season premier (I'll post after the trip).
Thanks to everyone!!!
Jumbo
Names and Locations withheld to protect the innocent.

Jumbo:

if it's your dream to fly, then live your dream. i used to weigh 425# you've got it way easier than i did. we have the equipment now to handle your weight, take on the challenge. best of luck, take care, be safe! B|
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"