krisco

Where to Jump? Texas or California???

Myself and a few friends are thinking of going to Texas or California feb 20-28.
Narrowed it down to Skydive Houston or Spaceland in Texas and Lodi in California(for the price)

We are looking for at least 8 jumps a day out of a big plane!

Your 2cents is appreciated!

Thanks and Blue skies
Skydivers are nothing but a bunch of Narcissistic A$$holes!!
Front risers were made for pulling! Pal
MuFF#5640
D.S. # 2012

Spaceland is awesome, lots of big planes and awesome people, you could always take a trip or two over to Skydive Houston, its not that far away, never jumped there but met some pretty cool people from there while working at Spaceland.

our weather can be iffy at times in the winter..

As can Northern California. You might get 8 days of great weather or you might get 8 days of dreary (and we've had a LOT of dreary this winter). Second the recommendation for Southern California (or Arizona).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Houston is the 4th biggest city in the US (behind NYC, LA, and Chicago) so you're bound to have fun there. Lots of nightlife. Both major DZ's are only 35-40 minutes outside of the city, Skydive Houston to the north west and Spaceland to the south. Both have turbine aircraft running during the week, swoop ponds, indoor packing, etc.

See ya when you get here ;)

108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

If you are looking to have a crowd to do fun jumps and hang out afterwards for bonfire, beer, and food, then I would head up to Skydive Houston..... definitely more fun jumpers out there. Majority of my visits to Spaceland I was one of the very few fun jumpers even there-- the rest were teams and students. Might be different now since I haven't been there in 8 months, but that was the jist when I was there. Just my .02

Cali would also offer a few different things that you wouldn't have in TX-- if it's crappy weather you can always head over and fly in the tunnel (same for SoCal and AZ), and in Cali you can always do other things in the area like catch some good waves, do some hiking, wine tasting, and just take in the beautiful area around there. I'm about to move to the bay area at the end of the month so I'll be exploring my new home DZ of Lodi myself! Maybe I'll see you around if you are up that way. :)

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Thanks for help guys,
I think we'll risk the weather... 13 bucks a jump at Lodi!! i think we may check it out!
Blue skies
Skydivers are nothing but a bunch of Narcissistic A$$holes!!
Front risers were made for pulling! Pal
MuFF#5640
D.S. # 2012

if it is cloudy in lodi you can always go skiing in tahoe, tunnel in SF bay (talk to TJ or MX), flowrider in elk grove, Yosemite national park...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Thanks for help guys,
I think we'll risk the weather... 13 bucks a jump at Lodi!! i think we may check it out!
Blue skies

Awesome!! If you look in my profile pictures you'll see my colors-- keep an eye out for me and if I'm out in Lodi that time in Feb we'll have to get a jump in together... or go hit the tunnel. I love me some tunnel crack!! :)
(But you def. have to visit SDH if you come to Houston for the next trip down the road. Those guys have surely been a blast for me the past two years!! I'm going to miss them!)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Thanks for help guys,
Blue skies

Awesome!! If you look in my profile pictures you'll see my colors-- keep an eye out for me and if I'm out in Lodi that time in Feb we'll have to get a jump in together... or go hit the tunnel. I love me some tunnel crack!! :)
(But you def. have to visit SDH if you come to Houston for the next trip down the road. Those guys have surely been a blast for me the past two years!! I'm going to miss them!)

You know me Ashley. Look me up when you are heading over to the dz.
Say Hi to Matt.

Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com