SpectreDriver

Beach Jumps in South Texas!

A Caravan is coming to Mustang Island (aka Port Aransas) for the November beach boogie! So, it looks like this won't just be a "tandems for tourists" again-- hopefully more fun jumpers will show up for some big-ways!

There is no more convenient place in the country for beach landings-- minimal hotels/ structures/ obstacles, light air traffic, WIDE beach, and the airport is an easy 5-minute walk/ 1-minute ride.

This is a "homegrown" event at a sleepy airport, not a year-round DZ, so recommend you bring your own packing mats, snacks, lawn chairs, etc etc.

November 5th-8th. Y'all come!

Cool!!!

recommend you bring your own packing mats, snacks, lawn chairs, etc etc.

You forgot to add surfboards & wetsuits to that list ... :) ... I'm sure gonna try to make it ... Port A is where I started surfing way back when. Also some pretty decent fishing around there for those who do that.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Greetings,

Got a website or who do we contact?

Ciao,
Mad Max

There's a website the tandem-circus crew set up called "SkydiveMustangBeach.com", but it's really more for booking tandems.

Fun jumpers should just show up at the Mustang Beach airport anytime on 5-8 November; call me for more details at 361-537-3776.

Later!
Jason

The Caravan is finally 100% confirmed! Yeah, it's just a Caravan, but... BEACH JUMPS are, in my opinion, the ONLY way to jump! (Maybe it's because my flares suck?)

Anyway, it's ON, and only 2 weeks away-- bring your lawn chairs, coolers, tent/RV, BBQ grills, surfboards, firewood, fishing rods, and of course your skydiving rig, cause this ain't no Florida or California beach: you can really kick back, be at home, and enjoy yourself here with minimum hassle, rules, or expense!

Mustang Beach Airport, Port Aransas TX, 5-8 Nov.

The Caravan is finally 100% confirmed! Yeah, it's just a Caravan, but... BEACH JUMPS are, in my opinion, the ONLY way to jump! (Maybe it's because my flares suck?)

Anyway, it's ON, and only 2 weeks away-- bring your lawn chairs, coolers, tent/RV, BBQ grills, surfboards, firewood, fishing rods, and of course your skydiving rig, cause this ain't no Florida or California beach: you can really kick back, be at home, and enjoy yourself here with minimum hassle, rules, or expense!

Mustang Beach Airport, Port Aransas TX, 5-8 Nov.

C-license minimum for the beach jumps?
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

The Caravan is coming from Spaceland.

There's an RV park that allows tent camping RIGHT NEXT to the landing area: OntheBeachRVpark.com is their website.

There are also lots of beachside condos nearby with really low rates right now-- the young people have left and the old people haven't gotten here from Canada yet!! :)

Fun Jumper Price per load: $20 (maybe even less...we're in discussions on that. Either way, pretty darn cheap!)

Landing at the airport: No problem. PLENTY of landing area on the infield, and VERY light aircraft traffic here. Getting sand in your rig does suck, but as a beach-jumping-fanatic, I'm considering offering a "Sand-Removal Clinic" at the end of the weekend; whaddaya think?!? :)

JT

So I'm not sure who handed me the card this weekend at the San Marcos boogie but thanks for that.
What is the protocol going to be with the tandems? 1 pass for everybody? 1 pass for tandems and 1 for sport jumpers? And what altitude are we going to get?
I'll let somebody else say the number for a jump ticket but what I heard was really, really cheap.

I hope we can do it again soon.

ditto ... and I learned something in the process of getting only 1 jump saturday. Do NOT wait to get something lined up to manifest. Get on the load and THEN figure it out!!! Had a blast though ... thanks for putting this on.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

I'm thinking of putting something together on the island in the near future with a Caravan. It would be experienced fun jumpers only and on an exclusive prepaid basis. I'm thinking of limiting it to about 12 or so people and keep it fun for 1 or 2 days. Pay by the day instead of the jump. If you make all of the loads then great if not then oh well. We would shut down between each load and give everyone plenty of time to pack and dirt dive or whatever.
This would be a no profit private hire deal.
There's several from SSM that have expressed interest. Sean will be back in March doing tandems again so I'm thinking of right after Christmas. If you're interested PM me.

Pilot-One, I would LOVE to do some jumps down here with the San Marcos crew without the headache of organizing the whole thing again-- I'm in!

And he is correct about March-- we're doing another Boogie starting the 17th with the same Caravan and same staff. If there are more fun-jumpers we can certainly send up more loads! See y'all then.

Jason T

While we are on the subject, I would like to hear from any freeflyers showing up.
Just got back from the Puerto Rico boogie and was kinda disappointed how hard it was to find a freefly jump to get on.
I want to go to this boogie but I don't want it to end up like the PR boogie, and spend my time doing solos.