Beachbum

AOT Memorial Boogie Oct. 3 - 5

Searched several pages worth back and didn't find a thread on this, so I'll start one!

Aggieland will hold the ... hmmm ... 6th??? this year ... Todd Bell is bringing the Otter up from Waller for this round. I know AggieDave and other locals will show ... anyone else going to make it? Will be the usual catered dinner saturday night ... if you've never had the food Todd's friend rustles up ... it IS good!!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

All the Anvilbrothers will be there, and more than likely, we'll bring in a chopper, maybe two. We plan to bring about twenty to thirty jumpers and look foward to one heck of a good time.
I put out the word
at Spaceland, and
there's a bunch
coming from there.
Everyone in for a chopper?
Let the good times role;)

cool ... I wanted to jump the copter at the Deadman ... but the winds got a bit squirrely for my taste before I got on a load for it (am sure it'll be cool ... but you may want to pass that by Todd Spillers before just having it show up ... LOL!!) ... see y'all up there!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Are you sure you want to tell the USPA Regional Director what you are going to do on his DZ.
AOT is about the fallen jumpers at Coulter Field. Don't piss me off on this one.
DON, you need to pull back on the reins.
Mark
Dont piss off the CRW dogs and disgrace Skydive Houston.

Did your husband ever do that tandem you wrote me about a while back??

Yes he did one tandem back in 2007.I dont think he liked it as much as I expected him to.He was just kinda nonplussed saying "that was enjoyable" instead of how I came down on my first tandem yelling and giggling saying "that was BAD ASS I've GOT to do that again!"Different strokes for different folks I guess.:S

But he is now my EX-husband (left him in December of '07 and the divorce was final May of '08).I've since left Huntsville and moved back to my hometown closer to Dallas.So its a bit more of a drive to Aggieland now but I used to do this distance drive every weekend when I was still doing AFP at Aggieland.So thats not a real big deal.:)

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

Did your husband ever do that tandem you wrote me about a while back??

Yes he did one tandem back in 2007.I dont think he liked it as much as I expected him to.He was just kinda nonplussed saying "that was enjoyable" instead of how I came down on my first tandem yelling and giggling saying "that was BAD ASS I've GOT to do that again!"Different strokes for different folks I guess.:S

But he is now my EX-husband (left him in December of '07 and the divorce was final May of '08).I've since left Huntsville and moved back to my hometown closer to Dallas.So its a bit more of a drive to Aggieland now but I used to do this distance drive every weekend when I was still doing AFP at Aggieland.So thats not a
real big deal.:)

Well maybe Ill see ya there, looks like I will be able to get down there as well. Maybe you guys can help me celebrate my 41st, ugh thats tough to think about.:S I think this will be my 3rd b day to celebrate in Aggieland, whho hoo! So lets party! Look forward to seeing everyone.

Is the heli gonna make it?

J

Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 8:18 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject:

AOT Memorial Boogie 2008 Minimized

Due to Hurricane Ike and its aftermath of continued power outages and personal loss, we at Skydive Aggieland have come to the difficult decision to minimize the 9th Annual AOT Memorial Boogie. We will honor the memories of our skydiving friends and family, both those who have gone before us, as well as those serving our great country in the armed services, by focusing our attentions on helping Ike’s victims in and around our area. We have requested that our usual catered meal as well as our donated lunches be used to help the victims of Hurricane Ike.

Skydive Aggieland will still be open for jumping October 3-5, and we plan to have several 182’s available for formation loads and SCR jumps! We will also have burgers and hot dogs for the grill and the usual kegs for a party Saturday night for any and all. We hope to see you then. Please add your name to the list on the 9th Annual AOT Memorial Boogie page on FaceBook: http://www.new.facebook.com/event.php?eid=51471885252&ref=ts.

The 10th Annual AOT Memorial Boogie will be October 2-4, 2009. A group of local AOTers, led by Kay Choate, Angie Morehead and Jan Richards are planning a “BIG” AOT reunion to coincide with AOTMB 2009, so please watch for updates through the Skydive Aggieland forums, FaceBook, and our email newsletters!

Thanks,

Todd Spillers
Manager
www.skydiveaggieland.com
979-778-JUMP (5867)

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

Only if I can be the dive bomber...errr...late diver from the trail plane.

hmmm .... trying to envision this ... dive for 4 seconds or so ... spend the rest of the trip to the formation trying to slow back down so as to not shoot right past everyone ... ??? ;) Does this mean you have a main you can do "regular" skydives with now??

Also ... not anywhere near verified, but heard a rumor that if enough people show up, the otter might still be an option

Lastly ... (well, for this post, at least ... LOL!!) ... anyone plays a guitar or something, bring it along ... :) ... impromptu entertainment !!!