denete

Skydive Monroe...

So is it Monroe or Skydive Now Atlanta?
Not stirring the pot, but you need to pick a name and stick with it.

Why? For regular jumpers it can be Skydive Monroe, for internet surfers it can be what ever gets their attention and gets them jumping. I am just glad it is there and open. The city announced last week, in the local Walton County Newspaper, that it will accommodate the new dropzone by clearing out a lot more trees to provide us with an even larger landing area. I will leave it to Gary to give the exact dimensions of the enlarged area.

So is it Monroe or Skydive Now Atlanta?
Not stirring the pot, but you need to pick a name and stick with it.

Why? For regular jumpers it can be Skydive Monroe, for internet surfers it can be what ever gets their attention and gets them jumping. I am just glad it is there and open. The city announced last week, in the local Walton County Newspaper, that it will accommodate the new dropzone by clearing out a lot more trees to provide us with an even larger landing area. I will leave it to Gary to give the exact dimensions of the enlarged area.

Max! what the? YOU are stirring the pot. :S
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

:D:D
You said, "Seriously".

Oh wait...this is Events & Places, not Bonfire.

Well, Max, we're going to miss you guys coming out here every so often. I wish you guys well....seriously.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

isn't that the same city that had no problem telling the old Skydive Monroe to get lost?

Twice now, I've jumped at Monroe/Skydive Now. Both times, the weather was iffy. Monroe is 40-something miles from my house. Risk-return makes it the smart destination when the weather is questionable.

Yeah, I've experienced a mixture of feelings jumping there again. Bill's Bill (I've no other comment on the subject.). The pilot's brand spanking new. Spotting is not perfunctory, rather it's an avid activity - lots of heads out the door & discussion. The views from altitude, flying my canopy over the airfield again, the rotors off the tree line, friendly chatter with the glider pilots (yes, friendly) - it's all both familiar and new.

The hanger's brand spanking new and smells it. The green pilot is working with the jumpers. The handful of jumpers are relaxed and inclusive. No cliques. No as-the-lines-twist gossip and melodrama. It is just like opening a brand new DZ, but the haunts and faces are familiar. I'll jump at Monroe again.

I'll be seeing you at the Farm, and I'm overdue for a trip to Thomaston. I anticipate jumping at DZs in neighboring states. "RoamingDZ" is my home, now. I not only respect and like Chris Spense, I embrace his idea.

Fair skies and favorable winds.

I have jumped at the Monroe dropzone now for the past 3 weeks. It is only 41 miles away from my house. For the past 3 years I have jumped primarily at SDA. I love that drop zone too. I wish it were much closer. I think it is a great place to jump. So much that I went almost every weekend the past 3 years and worked there for the past year as AFFI and loved it. In my opinion we are all responsible for our own lives in skydiving. I have always felt very safe at SDA. I also love jumping at the farm. Even tho ASC is tiny and I don't agree with their business practices I jumped there for my AFF course and loved it. What makes a drop zone is the people. We all know and love people at all of these drop zones. What do we have to gain and what does the sport have to gain by trash talking about any of them.
My experience at the new Monroe drop zone has been great. I have feel safer there now than when it was the old Skydive Monroe. The landing area is huge and the city has stated they will be taking out more of the trees. The plane performs flawlessly here as well as the other drop zones it was leased to. The student equipment is brand new. My son just did his 4rth level and did it with Bill Scott. He had a great experience. I wouldn't think of letting my son jump somewhere unsafe or with an instructor who wasn't safe.
The new Monroe is a great drop zone and a great crew of people are showing up there. The people and the relationships we develop with them are the most important things in my life. Skydivers are great people. This drop zone is close and I will continue to go there. I will not hesitate to return to any other of the drop zones. I love the people at all of them. Come and check out Monroe and have a blast. It is very nice and I am thrilled it is open.
Thanks for reading! Charles