BirdWoman

Elaborate Skydiving; Calhan, Colorado

Hello Skydivers!

As the new year approaches it seems that there is a rumor that Elaborate Skydiving in Calhan is closing. I am here to bring the news that the rumor is just that...A RUMOR. Elaborate is doing better than expected and, as a result, has a lease on a caravan starting 02 January. (Yes, you heard me right...a caravan will arrive for your jumping pleasure on this upcoming Tuesday).

Our dropzone has a laid back family atmosphere. Need I mention that we cook a free breakfast on Sunday mornings (waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon and Starbucks coffee)???

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at 719-522-9300.

Happy Jumping!

Stacey C.
Elaborate Skydiving; Calhan, CO
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Right now the forecast is calling for low 50's on Saturday and low to mid 40's on Sunday. You'd better be there... ;)

REally? REally? That makes me excited!!! A co-worker said they were predicting snow on Saturday, and I just about left work to pack my things and move out of this state.

Although we all know, Monday is too early to predict what Saturday will be. I'll keep hoping for decent weather. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

By the way, do you make fun of dorky brand new A license holders who still probably don't know what they hell they're doing?;)

I have checked the forecast several times today and they all seem to be different :S www.weather.com is saying:

Saturday: mostly cloudy, high 49 B|
Sunday: snow showers, high 38 >:(

When in doubt, call the dz @ 719-522-9300 for a weather update.

Now, as far as making fun of a newbie? We don't do that because we all remember what it was like to only have an A-license. We have quite a few newbies, and quite a few coaches coming out to jump the caravan. In other words, we'll get you taken care of!
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

Calhan's listing in the dropzone's page has been updated:

"Due to lack of support and seven weekends of snow, Elaborate Skydiving closed on March 1, 2007. Please see the website for refunds. "

Wonder what kind of "support" they are talking about? In addition to the refunds it looks like they have a 50K loan to pay off too! B|

http://www.sba.gov/loans/businessdetail/output/2007/busco.html