Vallerina

Big Way Camp in Eloy Nov. 16 - 19

Where is the information, Val? I assume that you will be there. :)

I'm so silly. Yes, I will be there. I arrive PHX at 10 pm on the 15th and leave at 8:45 on the 19th (I'm more than happy to buy beer/food/throw a jump on your acct for anyone who can help me out! :)
Here's the blurb about the camp from Square 1's site:

Advanced Big Way Camps

The Advanced Big Way Camp is a new type of training camp focused on teaching the techniques that we ask people to do at high end events. These skills are expected of the World Class skydiver but are often difficult to practice in a local day-to-day dropzone environment. Special dives will be designed to practice these techniques.

Techniques that will be taught and practiced will include:

* Sheep dogging—the correct way to follow a person from exit to dock. How close is too close?
* Radials—understanding and identifying the exact approach from the base to your slot
* Exit and Entry Frame—avoiding drama in the red zone
* Stadium set up—recognizing and implementing the correct angle of approach
* Tracking techniques—including team tracking and how to be a tracking leader.

It sounds like mucho fun! I hope some tunnel time opens up in the evenings.....
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Who's in? It sounds like a most excellent camp, and, well, how can you not have fun in Eloy?

I'm already going to the Perris P3 again in September, however, I'm pretty curious about the Eloy bigways.

I was looking into maybe the November Spaceland event, but where is the information about the Eloy bigway camp? Also looking for another bigway camp before P3 in September (even a small 40-way event would be good).

Mark: that was 2006... ;)

I think Tony has organized 2 of these advanced camps at Eloy. They are not the basic BWC he runs in Perris, but are geared at more advanced skills. If you are interested, contact him and/or Jen at P3 to see if they are planning one this year.

Remster

Mark: that was 2006... ;)

Duh. *smacks my head*

I wonder how I came to click this thread.
Either way, I'm more Perris P3 BWC league, though I really want to bring it to the next level (P3 100WC) as soon as my skills are ready!

Will let this sleeping thread die. :)