Boris73

AFF Prices (UK)

Not sure about the UK, but I'd say about half your income for the rest of your life.:|:ph34r:

If you do a search, you will find many posts about the cost in the UK and people who have gone to Spain or the US for less, including travel costs.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Hey if you went to Spain its cheap. Flying out there is virtually no cost and if you go to Empuriabrava as an AFF student you'd get accomadation in the bunkhouse for 6 euros a night >:( BASTARDS!

I started mine in the UK so stayed to complete it. Although more expensive I've found it good as my instructors know me and have known me through every part of my instruction, and now, the beginnings of my skydiving career. Saying that if you do your course at a BPA affiliated dropzone you shouldn't have a problem when you return to UK wanting to jump :)

Hey,

Your best bet is to go here:

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/

Find dropzones in your areas, check out their websites or call them for prices. I always read about people who go to the US to get through it.

It's all about choices but it's VERY expensive! I spent about 1600 Canadian to become solo certified.

Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

looks the best and its the cheapest and its closer to me it works out at about £1700 that includes 8 jumps plus 10 consolidation jumps

Well then you gota do it, be rude not to...

Its a deal, its a steal, its sale of the fucking century! :D

That price sounds pretty good. I'm not sure how the licensing system works over there, but Those 18 jumps would put us very close to our A license. So that sounds about right. Before you commit to any DZ though, call them and talkto them about it, or, if you can, go out there just to speak to them. I'd suggest asking what the course entails, what it doesn't include etc... I've seen one place offer an AFF course that didn't include any rental gear so they could advertise a much lower price. Be proactive and shop around, it's alot of money to spend!

Chris
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Boris

Take a look at www.affschool.com

We are based just a little bit further up the road in the Lake District, but also occasionally work at Black Knights.

We can tailor something to fit your exact needs and might be able to do you a deal if you call

:-)

James

Definately second the "Go to Spain" option. Not only because of the price difference, but the weather is a lot better. You can finish your AFF and your consols in a week, where as in the UK it can take a lot longer due to bad weather. I went to Ocana, just outside of Madrid, and loved it. Heading back for my 3rd trip in 6 months on Thursday, can't recommend it enough!

Also had no issues with jumping in the UK once I'd finished, and they signed me off for my A license without any hassles.

You are lucky you live close to BKPC - jumped there before, and it's a great UK dz! Really good bunch of guys, and a friendly dz.

As a general rule, you can go to a nice sunny place, have a 2 week holiday and do AFF in somewhere like the US for the same price as you can in the UK. An exception to this is if you are military (even TA), where you can get big discounts at military DZs (Nethers certainly, and I think Weston too).

Be aware, we are coming to the end of the British summer so AFF starting now may not be that quick! if you go out of the UK then make sure the place you are going at least has a link to the British Parachute Association. This will make thing much easier on return to the UK, especially if you do not complete level 8 before your return.

If you do go abroad talk to the DZ you will be jumping at in the UK to check any requirements they may have. Generally speaking, BPA and USPA instructors should be no problem on your return if you finish the course and have the paper work signed.

If you decide to do AFF in the UK, you may find it advantageous to use a DZ that has turbine aircraft (same applies abroad too actually). The reason being these planes normally go higher, giving you more working time (in the UK we are talking PAC 750, Cessna Caravan, G-92, SMG-92, turbine islanders, GODZILLA Porter if it is still flying, Nomad, NOT Cessna 180-206 range, cherokee, piston islander). You may also find it cheaper in the long run to deal direct with a DZ rather than a intermediate company.

Hope this is of help

Blue skies

Paul

I was going to do it in america but te cheapest flight i found was around £500 so its not really cost effective to do it in the US, the other bonus of doing it in america is the fact i would be able to buy a skydiving rig at a much cheaper cost then here in the uk, so im not to sure about skydiving in america unless i find a cheaper flight

Another important fact to consider is the cost of rejumps. Most DZs Ive seen charge a fixed price, where I know at least 1 only charges for rejumps based at cost price (2/3 x slot + rig hire).which could save you something like £60+ for each rejump.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

You don't need to learn how to pack to get an A license in the UK

:o

Ask your instructor, you do have to be able to pack before you can get your A license in the UK

No you don't. You need to learn to pack for B license, not A. Check the opps manual.
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

Hello, I am a student and looking to start skydiving and i was wondering where is the cheapest place to skydive (AFF course) in the Uk, and how much i should save.

First off, check if your university has a skydiving club (and if it doesn't, start one;)), if they do you'll usually be able to get jump subsidies from them, or take part in the BCPA's foreign trip where you can do cheap AFF overseas (usually Spain) with lots of partying thrown inB|

BCPA website
Do you want to have an ideagasm?