psipike02

Skydive Chicago Peeps and anyone else in Iowa, Nebraska, Indiana or Illinois

Hey everyone,

My summer here in Colorado is almost up and I'll be driving back to school in Michigan for my last year. On the way back, I was thinking of stopping off at a few new DZ's and making some jumps.

Up on that list was Skydive Chicago. I visited last year on the same trip, but was still a student and didn't have the balls to jump in a new place w/ no license.

If anyone from SDC or Chicagoland or anywhere else in the states mentioned above can help me out or tell me DZ's that wouldn't be too far out of the way, have a great atmosphere during jumping and after, i'd appreciate it. I will be traveling along I-80 pretty much the entire way there.
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Hello! Both Skydive Chicago and Chicagoland Skydiving are awesome dzs. Skydive Chicago is just a few miles off of 80....Chicagoland Skydiving is quite a few miles off of 80. If you can only do one, then SDC seems to make the most sense for you, but if you can do both, DO IT!

Another dz that I recommend along the way is Indiana Skydiving Academy in Goshen, IN. It's not too far off of 80.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

If you don't mind jumping Cessnas then Skydive Iowa is a great place. Private airport used for skydiving only except one guy who ocassionslly flies his ultralight. Great bonfire everynight. Game room/ movie room for nights. Free camping and showers. Cookouts on the deck. Very friendly people and great atmosphere.
Located at Brooklyn, Iowa * about one hour east of Des Moines just north of I-80 * Exit 197 then north about five miles to Highway 6 * East on 6 about 2 miles and it's literrally just off the south side of the Highway.
www.SkydiveIA.com
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Yeah what Sandy said. I stopped by that place when I was passing through Iowa. Only had time for two jumps but they were great. Fun time.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

As Val said, Skydive Chicago is right off I-80 (exit 93 to be exact). Lotsa fun to be had there. Come give us a visit.

Yeah, lotsa fun.:P I was there on a weekday, and was forced to jump outta a 182 at gunpoint.B|:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Another great place. I only squeezed in two while I was there, but they were very friendly and a few people were more than happy to jump with me.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Thanks everyone for your replies and generosity (sp?) so far....I'm definately looking forward to at least stopping at most of your DZ's on here....

I'll be PM'ing those of you with info and everything... B|
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----