shaiziel

Oklahoma - Anyone know about skydiving operations in Goldsby?

There is a small airfield (grass maybe?) just off the highway near Goldsby that my cousin took pilot lessons at. My general manager apparently used to skydive their a few years ago and a lot of people asked me if I was going or went their to skydive. There seems to be uncertainty if they still had a skydiving operation their but my mom just told me some of my cousins are going to skydive their tomorrow.

Does anyone in Oklahoma have any more information on this operation? Internet searches turn up nothing (am I not looking hard enough) and until now I hadn't felt inspired to go down and ask around. I'm pretty sure this would be a pretty small operation or I may be totally wrong. But any info would be appreciated.
----------------------------------------
6.8% - Almost there!

Does anyone in Oklahoma have any more information on this operation?

I haven't heard of it, but I've only been around for about a year and I make no claims to knowing it all. :) The sectional chart shows a private airport "Paradise" with a parachute symbol near Goldsby. Cross-referencing with an ODOT highway map, it's on the west side of OK 24, about halfway between I-44 and OK-74B.

Googling for "goldsby skydive" yields this, where one poster claims the DZ in Goldsby closed in 2003. (Link goes to Google cache as the original page appears to be gone.) There is also this, which appears to be a list of dropzones, that mentions Goldsby. It is dated March-April 2003. (Again, link goes to Google cache as the original page appears to be gone.) diverdriver has a NTSB report from 1985 that mentions jumping in Goldsby. This doesn't mean a whole lot, but it never showed up on the DZ list on this site, at least according to the Wayback Machine.

There is a DZ (Pegasus Skydiving) over in Chickasha, which is about 25 miles east of Goldsby. But as far as I know it has not closed.

Eule

PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Paradise- Closed
Pegasus-Open
Skydive Hinton - Open
Skydive Airtitght - Open
Tulsa Tandems (Formerly Green Country Skydivers) - Closed
Skydive Tulsa - Phoenix'ing and moved to Haskell Oklahoma
OSC (Cushing) - Open
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

made a few jumps there in the past, late 80s/early 90s. W

A Guy named Carlos operated the Dz. Had a really ragged red 182 (hi carlos), some guy named Jim would fly us in his Beach -18. Also, Mullins would sometimes bring in his Helio Stalion

Jumped casually with these folks there:
Mark Herndon
Keith Plumber
Keith Hedrich
Charlie Bonner
Duck
Cindy Clark
Bonnie xxxx (now Bonnie Pappas)
Tom Pappas
Steve xxxx
144 way Rod xxx
maybe John Combs

and the rest I forgot.

Any of these poople still kickin??

some guy named Jim would fly us in his Beach -18.

Wouldn't happen to have been Jim Brewer flying "Island Aire" would it?

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

------------------------------------

In Reply To

some guy named Jim would fly us in his Beach -18.
-------------------------------------
Wouldn't happen to have been Jim Brewer flying "Island Aire" would it?
-------------------------------------

Sure was Jim Brewer now that you mention the name. Dont know if it was "Island Aire" or not. one thing I do remember was when I was last out and we were doing a 12 way formation load with the 182, the craft stalled and I was floating in the plane...several feet from the door,:P