kansasskydiver

Geoff Peggs Memorial Boogie (Kansas Boogie)

Geoff Peggs tragically died 5 years ago while flying a wingsuit over Wichita KS. To support his family and friends, every year we host a memorial boogie to raise money for his scholarship fund that helps aviation students pay for flight time.

June 9-11th at the KSU Parachute Club aka Skydive K-State (Wamego KS)

-$15 registration to go to scholarship fund. Registration includes dinner Friday, all meals Saturday and evening beverages and entertainment as well as breakfast and lunch Sunday
-2 FAST 182 wide bodies $16 to 10K
-First load will take off prior to sunset, goal for 50 loads on Saturday
-T-shirts $12 also to benefit Geoff's fund.
-Free camping as always

If you're in the area and want to support a good cause come on out, just off I-70 exit 328 to Wamego then at McDonalds in Wamego turn right and go 2 miles to Airport Road.

http://www.skydivekstate.com
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Looking forward to jumping a 180 reminds me of one time I was at WFFC in Quincy (yeah I'm a little old!) Instead of manifesting our group as something like "John's 4-way" or some unique name we thought it would be fun to just call it "Cessna 4-way" since we were from a little 1 Cessna DZ. The folks at manifest said we couldn't do that though because all the foreiners who had never jumped a Cessna 182 would start asking if it was another "specialty aircraft".:S I guess it all depends on you point of view.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

Thanks for a great Friday afternoon and Saturday. Got to jump with old friends and made some new ones.:)Hope everybody got some jumps in Sunday. Unfortunately, I had to bug-out early for some RW at home. The weather was looking a little rough(not as rough as a few of the bodies I saw wondering aboutB|. Is it just me or are Sunday mornings at boogies reminiscent of Dawn of the Dead?), but, by the time I hit the highway it looked to be clearing.
Hopefully LSPC made it home OK. Thanks for getting the plane up in the P.M. so we could get our 8-way.B|
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

I hear that the midwest legend Jimmy Coiner is going to be in attendance. How cool is that?

oh he was. He got trashed out of his mind and passed out on the floor saturday night. :D

The freefly legend got trashed out and passed out.. how crazy is that guy anyway?
I hear tales of a wild party at ksupc this weekend, sounds like I missed a good boogie. I hate working 24 hr shifts on saturdays, I miss all the good stuff!
Jimmy C passesd out, hopefully there are pics to be posted of this event!
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com

Hey ya'll,
Wish I could have been there, unfortunately it was too late of notice and too expensive for me to get out there. I settled for making some jumps at our home boogie.

I thought about you guys (and Geoff as always). I'm glad it went well and everyone stayed safe :)

The boogie rocked and I'm exhausted. Whoever said 182 boogies weren't fun hasn't partied with the midwest crowd before ;) Thanks again to LSPC for coming down and bringing their plane, to Josie Peggs Pat and Dan and everyone else who helped out with the boogie. I'm not even sure how many loads we flew over the weekend, somewhere around 50-60 I think but I know we raised close to 1000 for Geoff's scholarship fund.

Thanks again everyone for the great weekend, I'm gonna take a nap now lol
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Wish I could have made it down. Saturday had a wedding and Sunday I was on the bike. Hope to see some of you guys down at the Hillbilly Boogie.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."