stuw

DZ's in the Virginia Area

Hi All,

I'm seeking advice on DropZones in the state of Viriginia.

As a bit of background I am moving to Virginia (from Australia) in late June and am expecting to live in Richmond for the next two and a half years. Down Under I hold a "D" license (~300 jumps), Packer A (Main and Reserves) and an AFF Instructor rating with the Australian Parachute Federation (our equivalent to the USPA). I am looking for a DropZone with a friendly atmosphere, professional crowd and preferably larger aircraft (am thinking Twin Otter, 750 XL, King Air for example).

Additionally, is anyone aware of a DZ that has something planned for your long weekend in July (US Independence Day and all). Am looking for possibly Big Ways or CReW dogging. It would be a great way to spend my 30th!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Blue ones,
Disco Stu

West Point, Virginia http://www.skydivethepoint.com/

A matriarchal club founded in 1962, very dog friendly and they speak Australian fluently.

Twin Otter, Casa on special weekends.

Home DZ of Carol Clay, the Queen of Free Fall RW (15,000 jumps and still going).
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

I've never been, but I hear great things about WestPiont. But also try Skydive Virginia in Louisa, its about 45 minutes from Richmond. I can't say enough great things about it, and the King Air will be back in the air soon.

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

Guys,

Thanks very much for your replies.

Glad to hear that Skydive the Point speaks fluent Australian because I think I'll struggle with learning American!!

Checked out the webpage. Looks awesome and I'm looking forward to launching there.

Blue ones from DownUnder,
Disco Stu

Skydive Orange is a good place to check out too.

They at one point had 2 hot Aussie chicks there, but had to send them back. :(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Skydive Orange is a good place to check out too.

They at one point had 2 hot Aussie chicks there, but had to send them back. :(

We got one of them back! Shows how long you have been gone. and orange and west point are pretty much equal time from Richmond, so pick your poison

Guys,

Thanks for taking the time out to provide info and web addresses for DZ's in the Virginia area.

I'll be sure to drop into Skydive Orange and Skydive the Point during my time in Virginia. These DZ's look awesome!!

Do either of these DZ's have anything planned for the weekend of 1 - 2 July 2006.

Thanks in advance,
Blue ones,
Disco Stu