franksback

Missouri River Valley Skydivers Boogie

MRVS is going to have a turbine aircraft over the weekend of April 1-2. Tom Dolphin and Chris Hall have teamed up and put this boogie together. Two great DZOs with great skydiving experience. So pack up the kids and come on out to MRVS in Lexington Missouri on April 1-2. Free all you can eat BB-Q and Beer is going to be available. And if you haven't been to on eof MRVS BBQs you'll be in for a treat!
Turbines-Beer-BBQ

Frank:ph34r:

www.skydivemrvs.com[url]. Yes there are showers, mens & womens. There is lots of camping area, I believe all of the RV hook-ups are used so they won't be available I imagine. Hope this helps. See ya there. www.skydivemrvs.com. Don't know what prices will be on the Porter.
Edo
Concumbui
Aethrae Cernuare

here ya go

www.skydivemrvs.com

Last time I was at MRVS with free BBQ, I had two landings on one jump! see divit in asphalt behind hangar in front of manifest.;)

Ask Tom he can point it out to you.

Good luck with the boogie, MRVS is a great place to jump, big wide area, plenty of outs, just stay away from the hangar, its mine!!:)

Good luck

Thanks for the link help. I've seen the divit, and heard something about a roof too! You need to come by and see us again sometime. You probably don't know who I am, by name, but you might remember if you saw me. I talked to you a little at Dollar Daze last year and at MRVS years before when I was a student.
Edo
Concumbui
Aethrae Cernuare

This post is for anyone who is looking for a post they had on this thread. It is now in the Recycling Bin. Consider this your warning that if I have to do that again, you will be banned.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Dont quite understand why anyone would be banned for posting something legit? MRVS is having a boogie April 1-2. Are they being singled out for other reasons? Just because they have a boogie on the same day as a new DZ is opening doesn't mean this event shouldn't be advertised!

Turbines and Free BBQ whats wrong with that?

Frank;)

Ok, i missed all the personal attacks since i'm not online much, but i now have zero desire to attend this boogie. I'll have to trust your judgement skymama, and if there is too much drama and bickering, i refuse to take part in the boogie.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

This thread is about a upcoming boogie, not why experienced skydivers are leaving KC, There was only one attack, a little over the top but I think every skydiver in the area is feeling a little pressure right now, there are some really good changes happening right now, I think for the most part in the end Skydiving in the KC Area will only benifit from all the changes, My first dropzone I started at there was only two experienced people I think they had around 100 jumps or so, ever sat around 6 am we would be at the airport "all four of us including the DZO, ready to jump as this was in western kansas the winds would come up around 10 or so, we would jump aour asses off then set around and talk about the jumps and what it would be like to jump with others, Ive also jumped at big dropzones with alot of people blasting in the landing area, Ive meet alot of people in this sport good and bad. For me this comes down to one thing, who I jump with makes the jump, who I drink a cold soda with at the end of the day makes this sport, yea I dont drink beer with the knuckleheads.

who packs my reserve makes the sport, who has taught me to fly camera makes the sport. Every sunday night i drag my tired ass home and the first thing I do is look though the 1000 or so photos I took that weekend and I feel good about jumping with these folks, do I like everything about them , hell no, do they put up with my picky ass when I ask them to stand in one place for a photo, hell yes.
. for some reason. The facilties at MRVS are the best in the area, the extra ham pattie puts on my sandwich every sat and sunday makes my fat ass smile, the staff at MRVS are some of the best I have ever been around, and yes the hot showers are nice, The cookers that are going to be full during the boogie are going to be kick ass. All I know is if this was a 182 boogie I would still be there, I would be pissed about not going to 12,500 but I would still be there becuase the thing I learned in 1992 when I made my first jump its not about the plane your jumping out of , its about the guy or gal across from you in that kick ass sunset load.

Im looking forward to jumping with the skydivers from the two other dropzones , All I have ever heard is good things about chris and jen, Its going to be a dam good weekend.

Since My ex wife says Im a know it all smart ass you guys can take all of this to heart.
gthomasphoto.com

I' glad you have been able to make connections in the skydiving world. it is wonderful to feel comrodery within an organization. congrats. mrvs has wonderful facilities. I haven't seen anyone dispute that. I've enjoyed my few jumps there. I have been amazed at everyone getting so worked up. everyone is free to jump anywhere they choose to spend their money. its business. no one is forcing anyone to jump someplace they do not want to. everyone is going to jump where they are happiest. hence the prior post. I understand the politics of the area so much more after this and why jumpers drive the distances to jump where they are happy. competition between business's is always good to give consumers choices...this resulting boogie being a great example. we now are able to choose from two turbines where months ago there were only a few 182's! I hope both mrvs and the new dzo's have sucessful and profitable weekends.
I love my husband!

The aircraft is a Turbine Porter with a -27 engine. Im told it will turn 3.2 loads an hour so we can keep jumpers moving on the turn times all weekend long. No registration fee lots of good BBQ and free beer Sat.!! As one of 3-4 DZO's that will be attending this event Im looking forward to hanging out and jumping with the midwest jumpers that I have not had a chance to meet and jump with in the past. From what I hear MRVS has first class facilities that will make this a great venue for the midwest jumpers along with some very experienced skydivers to jump with. As for the online information Im not sure what is available but, I can assure you as a local KC DZO this boogie is a GO and is not an April fools joke. I plan to be out on Fri. early to start jumping so come on out and jump with us.

Yes! Boys and Girls it is the real deal! There have been some accusations that this event was planned to coincide with the opening date of the new DZ that is to open! NOT TRUE! The agreedment that this aircraft would be at MRVS was worked out early in January of this year. Lifts tickets are $22.00, no registration, Saturday Night Killer Bar-B-Q by Swine-Flew of Couch Freaks fame, Kegs Friday and Saturady night! Camp fire pit! Free camping, Showers, Organizers, at the BEST and FINEST DZ in Western MO. No April Fools Joke! Friday, Saturday, Sunday! So bring your rig in date, your uspa membership, and don't bust the rig weight TSO, to take part in the Spring Opener!

I just was informed that GoFast will be out for the boogie as well! They are bringing a logo tent, windblades, and FREE GoFast along with HOT GoFast girls to promote the energy drink and the local skydiving scene. Im being told they will have free memorabilia to give to the jumpers as well. I will have a keg on tap for all the jumpers Friday afternoon as well. We are hearing a big response from jumpers all around that are looking forward to coming out and jumping together with all the DZ's in the area. See ya this weekend :ph34r:

Just got off the phone with Tom and they are bringing the aircraft in this evening. So all you hungry turbine jumpers, the aircraft will be online Friday morning ready to go. I also have confirmation of at least 4 other area dzo's and staff that will be coming up to jump with us. Grab your friends and come out to a great facility, free beer, and lots of awesome food.

Oh! they been here for some time, WHAT! you didn't see them? I have them hidden away in the loft and have been conducting a long tern interview with them, so they will be prepared for dealing with the crew of "River Rats" that skulk around here late at night! You wouldn't know anything about those "River Rats" would you gary? Also they are very talented at conducting counseling if needed! After the interview. See Ya! this weekend!

Ok, i missed all the personal attacks since i'm not online much, but i now have zero desire to attend this boogie. I'll have to trust your judgement skymama, and if there is too much drama and bickering, i refuse to take part in the boogie.

Sunshine, please don't let all this stupid bickering paint a bad image in your mind of all the jumpers in this area.
I have jumped here for 14 years and have jumped at all DZ's mentioned with the execption of the new one that just opened. Although i did begin my jumping at the same airport that the new one is opening at,way back when it was called Horizon Skydiving.
I have jumped at every DZ there has been in this area, including the one in Independence Mo. where the plane crash (not skydiving accident) took place in March of 98 taking the lives of many of my friends and jumping buddies.
DZ politics have been around every since the second DZ opened and i'm speaking of the entire USA, not just the midwest. The best way i have found to deal with it is to simply not participate in it. DZ politics work the same way as Rumor Control, it only goes on as long as there is people willing to participate in it. I personally know both the DZO's at MRVS and SDKC and i feel they are being painted with a dirty paint brush. And i wonder why the people who are making the post about them almost always seem to have just opened a account and magicly found their way to only a few threads concerning the NEW and OLD DZ's. I'm getting a little off on what i'm trying to say here so let me make it easy.

I have jumped at alot of other DZ's as well, and lets face it, there are assholes at each and every DZ, I've seen them at each one i've been to.
Do i jump with them.....NO
Do i listen to them....NO
Do i rate the DZ, or the DZO on what they say....NO

Please don't let anything anyone has said in this or any other thread paint a bad picture of Mid-West jumpers in your mind.
Paint that picture yourself after visiting each one of them.
We would love to jump with you and show you a good time at any DZ.

I am just a fun jumper and all i want to do is have fun, not participate in the politics or gossip mongering.:)
edit: damn typo's again....i'm not perfect.:)