meistwer

Skydiving in Dijon, France

Hi guys,

Quite soon I'll be going to Dijon, in France to spend few days with some friends (and a really nice frenchie chick);).

Does anybody know any DZ near there?
What are the requirements to jump over there with regards to insurance and parachuting associations memberships?

I'm a BPA member but because I'm not British their insurance doesn't cover me abroad although I pay for the full membership (still I don't understand why:S)
I have an insurance with SportsCover Direct which includes a 3rd party for skydivers worldwide (only £42!) so I guess that it should be fine with that but I ain't sure.

The coverage requirements in France are exceedingly steep. Don't recall the amount but check on wuza.com. They will check your insurance and if the amount is too small they will require you to join the French federation to get their insurance (~90 Euros IIRC).
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

you lucky you! i am from dijon even though in Massachuetts now. So you can jump with your own parachute and membership to your country s USPA type of thing. the A, B, and C licences are FAI so they are recognized worldwide. You can just show up, they check your gear. If the reserve repack requirements are ok, you ll be fine to jump but they should not allow you for exemple to loan it to a french skydiver. The closest pace is Chalon sur Saone. there are trains leading there every half hour and it takes 50 minutes. I would advise you to get in touch with them first so they can pick you up or something. http://www.parachutisme71.com
+33(0)609 40 25 81 and if you call directly froM FRANCE 06 09 40 25 81. have fun with the french chick...;) i personally prefer American girls.

--------------------------------------------------
The tongue is NOT only a tool for speech!

You can just show up, they check your gear...

... and they might demand that you comply with the French wingloading chart that puts a sub 100 jumper at 0.88:1. Haven't had problems myself though, but you need to be prepared that it can happen.
HF #682, Team Dirty Sanchez #227
“I simply hate, detest, loathe, despise, and abhor redundancy.”
- Not quite Oscar Wilde...

... and they might demand that you comply with the French wingloading chart that puts a sub 100 jumper at 0.88:1. Haven't had problems myself though, but you need to be prepared that it can happen.

yep, I'll second that, and please note as well that AAD are compulsory in France.

another thing : a foreign jumper with a license from a FAI member federation can get a free temporary "foreigner license" when registering at the dz. That's basicaly an "aeronautic" insurance that covers any third party damages that you may cause while skydiving. I'm not sure that it covers your self nor your transportation back home if you get injured.

best thing is to get in touch with the staff of the dz you're going to.

I studied abroad there a few years ago and it is a wonderful town. Be sure to check out the stone owl for good luck. I'm sure you'll love it. Small town, quite and safe but still a really good time.

Great food, people, and industry.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com