andy2

A license req: unintentional water landing...

Whats the deal with this being one of the A license requirements? What if theres no water around your DZ? Isn't saying you have to have an unintentional water landing about the same as saying you must sprain your ankle on a landing to get your A license? Wouldn't both be considered fuckups that a student MIGHT but may not likely make?

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Wouldn't both be considered fuckups that a student MIGHT but may not likely make?

I think that depends on where you jump. If you jump in Arizona then yes, it's probably unlikely. If you jump in Hawaii or Puerto Rico then I think there's a better than average chance you'll end up in the drink. Either way, don't get upset about it, it's good to know how to do these things.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

It's just water landing training. At our DZ, it's done at a pool. You just jump in using an old rig with the main extracted so that you can see what it will be like to have to get out from the harness and away from (or out from under) the canopy in the water.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

It's just a water landing training class for the A. Live training in the pool for the B. There used to be an intentional water jump required as part of the jumpmaster rating. USPA dropped that requirement in the late 80's.

CDR