BillyVance

Best DZ's in Europe?

I'm looking for opinions on what DZ you think is the best one in Europe.

Things to consider:
Size of DZ
Weather
Amenities
Accommodations
DZ requirements
Cost per jump
aircraft available

The reason is that in 2007 or 2008, we will be planning our next Deaf World Record or European Record. An Otter or Skyvan or similar tail-gate would be great. Having set a 16 way at Lake Wales, FL this past Saturday, we will shoot for a 20+ way next time, and tailgates are preferred.

We thought about Empuriabrava, but they require Cypreses, and not all of our jumpers have one. If they don't want to rent one or buy one for this event, then we'll have to choose another place.

So... help me out, what are your favorites, and why? We also want a handicapped-friendly DZ as well.

Thanks
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Spain and France will require an AAD
In Switz you can find a PAC750 in Beromunster www.paraclub.ch
You can also try and get a tailgate to come to Switzerland, no AAd requirement.
www.epco.aero Andreas the DZO has experience in large events (POPS Worldmeet, Speed Skydiving, etc...)
www.rastafly.ch in Grenchen organise the Freefly Festival each summer and are open to other participants (had a porter and a Casa this last edition)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

My first thought was Empuriabrava because it is just an awesome DZ! They will rent cypreses to visiting jumpers who require them as well.

If you want to try somewhere a bit different, how about somewhere in Sweden? The jumps there are cheap by European standards. I can recommend Gryttjom. Check out their website (the English part might be most helpful to you!). They have great facilities (including a sauna!) and when I was there last summer they had an AN28 (tailgate) and Twin Otter.

Another option is Lapalisse, but being in France I think they require an AAD too.

There is always Langar in the UK - they get a Skyvan for their 2 annual boogies.

hth!

Vicki

There is always Langar in the UK - they get a Skyvan for their 2 annual boogies.

The skyvan that Langar gets in visits various dzs so you might be able to arrange with a dz to get it in if you can guarantee the business - it's based in Belgium, at least the pilot is from there, I don't know if he has a home dz or just travels.

Lapalisse have their own Skyvan based there and apparently have an Otter as well (apparently cause it wasn't there when I last was) but as Vicki says France has an all cypres rule.

Ampuria is another obvious choice as a world class dz but you hit that cypres rule again.

from Europhenix website...
what prototype is that ?? :o:o

PILATUS. The N77D is permanently of June 10 until the end of August. Tailgate exit, 10places, equipped with two turbines (750 horse power each).

a twin turbine Pilatus with a tailgate and 10 seats :o:o :P

Average temperature today is already about 3 degrees (Celsius) over zero.

Well as they posted :

in 2007 or 2008, we will be planning

they can plan to do it during summertime too :)

Average temperature today is already about 3 degrees (Celsius) over zero.

Well as they posted :

in 2007 or 2008, we will be planning

they can plan to do it during summertime too :)

Yes, that is our goal. Even fall seasons can be bone-chilling over there, right?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Went into Empuriabrava's website but don't have English version unless I missed it. Can you help us out by seeing if the price for renting cypresses is available on the website so that can be used in the decision on where to pick the dropzone. Just need to know what they will charge the skydivers if they rent a cypress from the dz. Thanks!
PMS #113
PMTS #19

Spain is an AAD country.

For the price of Cypres rental, send a mail at the DZ, you might find Colin's email he's the "local" rigger.

YES there is an english version. (top right, click on the Union Jack windblade) :P

Went into Empuriabrava's website but don't have English version unless I missed it. Can you help us out by seeing if the price for renting cypresses is available on the website !

from their website

To jump to Skydive Empuriabrava it is mandatory for all skydivers to have a working AAD fitted to their rigs.

There rental Cypres
Price: 1’8 € / day + instalation
The price of the instalatión can vary between 70 to 125 €, depending on if the equipment has got the pre-instalation not.
In order to rent a Cypres a deposit of 1,088 € is required (it can be done by credit card)

SAFETY

In order to jump in Skydive Empuriabrava it is mandatory to have a Third Party Insurance for skydiving. If you do not have an insurance, you can get one in our office.

Yearly Insurance: 154 €
Quarterly Insurance: 65 €