dropdeded

Skydive Santa Rosa Ca.??

Looks like its gonna be Cloverdale then:|

dropdeded

Does that mean you will be in the North Bay area soon?

kcskydiver,
I'd like to know that as well. I heard that they moved to Mizzou to be near his daughter and future son-in-law among other COL reasons, but that's about it.

Does that mean you will be in the North Bay area soon?
------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend. Grew up in the N. Bay area. Visiting family in Santa Rosa, going to The City saturday(fleet week/redbull races), was hoping to jump in S.R. sunday morning. Guess I'll hit Cloverdale then hit the road. My girlfriend wants to do a tandem and I may stop in Byron for that and get another one in myself.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I own a condo in Racquet Club circle and have lived there for arond 2.5 years now - lived in Rincon Valley in SR for two years before that. I bought the condo around the same time as I started AFF, which was rather unfortunate $$$-wise for my skydiving of course (hence my low jump #'s).

If I don't feel like driving or have only a few hours, I'll go to Cloverdale now that SR is closed. Otherwise, I will drive to Byron or Davis usually (maybe even Lodi - only been there once so far). I plan to be in Byron either Saturday from around 11-3 or Sunday from around 1-sunset.

Gary,
I'll eventually visit Hollister and try to take advantage of one of those 18K King Air loads, but it is so far away from me. Has a recent A-License guy named Dan Bruckner been there? He has curly blond hair and looks lilke the actor from The Greatest American Hero show.

I think I heard they were opening another DZ, I'm not sure when or where exactly. Santa Rosa was a cool DZ, cool people. I only jumped there a few times.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative

So is it worth driving out of the way to Cloverdale to mark it off the list? Can still go the wine drinking/buying on the way back to SF.

Yes, wine tasting afterwards makes it a good excursion. I might even hang with you as well. You can brag afterwards that you jumped out of this ancient airplane (a 1959 C-182).

Probably won't jump sunday - just chill at home, as I'll probably jump at Byron on Sat.

I have 10 jump tix leftover from both a prior visit and the boogie, so just need to drive there and use them. If I didn't have those tix on me and knew you were going to be at Cloverdale, I'd go on up there and meet you - we could jump together. Let me know if you get up there again.

So I'm guessing you never made it to Cloverdale on Sat. I considered going up there Sat since there was wind at Byron....but not enough to keep me from jumping. Good for our Reg. Dir. Q for encouraging me to drive to Byron!

Just don't let him eat Pizza!

No Cloverdale. Went to the City and watched the ships come in from the GG Bridge. It was such a cluster f*ck down by the marina so we went and did some other touristy stuff. Came back sunday and watched the Red Bull races, hit the road, and stopped at Holister. Wont be long and I'll be up north again, I'll definately let you know when so hopefully we can jump, Cloverdale, Byron, whereverB|

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

Hey, Just an unhappy reminder. This is GFD's memorial weekend, so alot of folks won't be at their normal DZ. I heard a bunch of folks will be over in Byron on Sunday (I have to work so I am just repeating what I have heard)

RIP GFD :)

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked