BillyVance

Deaf World Record and Casa boogie at Lake Wales, FL

Hopefully the plane will not take off mostly empty.:P

See now that's a non-helpful smart arse response to a question posed to Billy, thanks very much for your lack of help:|.
Given that the record will require probably more than one aircraft there maybe just a couple from each aircraft adrift, so therfore they would not be

mostly empty

:|

:D Clite already answered. No big deal. At each of the past two Deaf World Records, we were kept aware of our load info either by TV monitors or a DZ liaison with manifest. We already have one person at Lake Wales assigned to help keep things running smooth for us. :)
Since we'll have the Casa, there won't be any plane formation loads since we only have about 22 jumpers ready to go. One less thing to worry about anyway. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey Billy, a bunch of flockers (wingsuits) from Zhills are planning on coming to this event because we are excited to jump from the tailgate, and we like the DZ. Will the Casa be totally booked up for your record jumps or will there be fun jumper loads in between too? :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Hey Billy, a bunch of flockers (wingsuits) from Zhills are planning on coming to this event because we are excited to jump from the tailgate, and we like the DZ. Will the Casa be totally booked up for your record jumps or will there be fun jumper loads in between too? :)

Today's the first time I've had a chance to get on DZ.com since I left home for Lake Wales last week. I hope you came out anyway and had fun.

Did you meet and jump with Mike Sweet on the birdman jumps? I know he was on a 7 way birdman jump, and I saw video of one guy doing a 130 mph jump run from the Casa, and he was actually tracking higher than the Casa for a bit! Yoweee! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I saw video of one guy doing a 130 mph jump run from the Casa, and he was actually tracking higher than the Casa for a bit! Yoweee! B|

Gee, I wonder who that was? :)

Yup, I made a few jumps with Mike and filmed that 7 way, we all had a blast! I think I know who you were, I met quite a few of you deaf guys before the end of the weekend, and my friends and I concluded that your way of communication is definitely the way to go on a loud crowded airplane - we want to learn! :)
P.S. Congrats on the record.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I met quite a few of you deaf guys before the end of the weekend, and my friends and I concluded that your way of communication is definitely the way to go on a loud crowded airplane - we want to learn! :)

Oh No Matt.. becareful.. they'll teach you all the "wrong signs like letter "A" but they'll show you sign for "tits" which looks almost same... next thing you know the deaf girls will be slapping you and you'll be wondering why.. just ask Mar.. Flyangel2.

:P

Oh No Matt.. becareful.. they'll teach you all the "wrong signs like letter "A" but they'll show you sign for "tits" which looks almost same...

So what you're saying is never trust a deaf skydiver? :P:D

next thing you know the deaf girls will be slapping you and you'll be wondering why..

Maybe I'd like that. ;)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:Yup, when hearing people ask me to teach them any signs the first thing they want to know are the dirty signs.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:Yup, when hearing people ask me to teach them any signs the first thing they want to know are the dirty signs.

You'd be surprised at how many different "fuck you" signs I learned at the Deaf World Record from the other international deaf skydivers! :o :D:D:D:D:D

I just asked a simple question from a Brit, and it snowballed from there... :S:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: