thefreak

Any skydivers in the Knoxville, Tn Area?

I know some skydivers in Knoxville. Theres not a dropzone there at the moment. Sorry.. [:/]
Keep an eye out for TN Skydiving Center to reopen (soon I hope!), that will be your closest dz. You may want to give Kip and Teresa from Skydive Smokey Mountains a call and see if theyre flying jumpers out your way. Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.

I live in Chattanooga... like Kitty said, there's not really anything close until Tullahoma opens back up (which I absolutely cannot wait for).... My home dz is Rome, but here lately I've been doing a lot of exploring....;)

You can PM me and see if you want to come down to GA and meet all the GA peeps one weekend!! :)

Skydive Smoky Mountains just starting jumping at Coopers Air Strip (a privately owned 2100' GRASS strip) with LOTS of outs...a really fun place to jump. It about 30-45 minutes outside of Knoxville depending on where you live. It's just outside Morristown on I-81 (a few miles beyond the I-40 / I-81 split) on Fish Hatchery Road.

Give Kipp & Teresa Burnett a call (865.577.9798) for more info. They jump a Cessna 206 Turbo and a 182.

Skydive Smoky Mountains just starting jumping at Coopers Air Strip (a privately owned 2100' GRASS strip) with LOTS of outs...a really fun place to jump. It about 30-45 minutes outside of Knoxville depending on where you live. It's just outside Morristown on I-81 (a few miles beyond the I-40 / I-81 split) on Fish Hatchery Road.

Give Kipp & Teresa Burnett a call (865.577.9798) for more info. They jump a Cessna 206 Turbo and a 182.

Hi Mary! Thats awesome! Hope to run in to you soon!

Kristi

There are trees at one end of the runway that back up right on narrow river -- but those are at the far end of the runway, plus there are plenty of outs on either side of the water.

There are some cornfields on either side also, but again can easily be avoided.

To clarify and so as not to mislead anyone...it is NOT an airport with the big expansive landing area and taxiways. It is a private grass airstrip in a rural area (i.e., lots of fields), but like much of East Tennessee, there is a fairly narrow meandering river that cuts through the property.

i really enjoyed riding with kipp in the airplane...made me check my pants a couple of times...but i really didnt like landing off on a farmers property...which i know seems petty but i just want all of us to get together and have fun. I miss West Tennessee Skydiving...they had me spoiled

trent
i'm out like a fat kid playing dodgeball