FFAdventures

Freefall Adventures, Xkeys, attempts Guinness World Record 300 Tandem Day, 7/18

This coming Monday, Freefall Adventures at Skydive Cross Keys will be starting early. REAL early.
With a 4:30 am start, they will attempt for the first time anywhere to train and jump with 300 tandem students in one day! This will be a Guinness, official world record. The Freefall Adventures unofficial record from last year was 212 on a regular Saturday, so 300 is well within reach with an early start.

Most of the new jumpers are Red Bull employees enjoying a gift from Red Bull. They are flying in from all over the country to participate.

For other new jumpers who wish to participate, they can lurk a slot starting at 6:30 am. If any of the hourly Red Bull slots become free, they might just get to jump for free! If not, the lurkers who stick it out for the entire day are welcome to attend the evening festivities, also sponsored by Red Bull.

The previous record recognized by Guinness is 128 tandem jumps in one day, achieved at Target Skysports in Hibalstow, England.

For more information, feel free to email [email protected].
Where the world comes to skydive!

I actually just called FFA the other day and scheduled a jump at noon and the gentlemen on the phone told me that there was going to be going for a record but I didnt know what it was. It would be awesome to know I was part of a world record.

I HOPE I GET A FREE JUMP:D

papa

The first jump tandem skydives are sponsored by Red Bull. Some lucky few lurkers who show up very, very, very early in the morning and get on the waiting list may be able to jump in place of Red Bull guests who cannot make it out. Anyone interested should be prepared to come out at 6-6:30 or so (we start at 4:30), and wait out the day for the opportunity of a free jump. If it should happen that you don't get to jump, and you have waited all day, you are welcome to the after-party, also fully sponsored by Red Bull. It will be a blast!
Where the world comes to skydive!

Its about 2:00 pm here, we got a late start because of the weather, but were well over 200 tandems at this point. The DJ is mixing it up in the hanger, there's Red Bull and Deer Park water flowing for everyone. The redbull airteam is putting on some spectacular shows and the party hasn't even started!!
Al
Watch out for planters.

The new, not yet official, Guinness World Record will stand at somewhere around 406 first jump tandem skydives! Freefall Adventures will be releasing the exact, official number this week when it is confirmed by the Guinness representative. Thanks to everyone who participated, all the new jumpers who started their skydiving life today, all the fun jumpers who couldn't believe how fast they got on loads, all the instructors and videographers who got up early and made it to the DZ at 4:30am, all the ground crew, office crew, support crew, organizers, Red Bull team, flair bartenders, the DJ, the Red Bull event staff, the food services people, and many many more who made this a totally fun day.
I am heading back to the hangar for some moving and grooving! Hope we can do this again next year! Anybody thinking 500?....

Liz

Brett Martin here from SKYDIVE TOLEDO in Washington State. First of all, congratulations on the new record! 400 pluss tandems in 24 hours is truly an accomplishment.

But goddammit! You messed up our attempt!! We were preparing to break the record at our boogie at the end of August with a measly 150! I'm curious (and of course, jealous) as to how you guys set that up. I am confident that we were dialed in pretty well but you kicked the crap outta us before we even started! Way to go!!

Would you be able to connect me with the brains behind the outfit? Looks like I need some 'schoolin'.

Again, congratulations! ...but watch 'yer back!

Brett Martin
(360) 864-6875
www.worldrecordtandemskydive.com
www.thepoopsheet.com
www.badbonesparachutes.com
www.skydivetoledo.com
"It's only arrogance if you can't back it up"

Liz

Brett Martin here from SKYDIVE TOLEDO in Washington State. First of all, congratulations on the new record! 400 pluss tandems in 24 hours is truly an accomplishment.

But goddammit! You messed up our attempt!! We were preparing to break the record at our boogie at the end of August with a measly 150! I'm curious (and of course, jealous) as to how you guys set that up. I am confident that we were dialed in pretty well but you kicked the crap outta us before we even started! Way to go!!

Would you be able to connect me with the brains behind the outfit? Looks like I need some 'schoolin'.

Again, congratulations! ...but watch 'yer back!

Brett Martin
(360) 864-6875
www.worldrecordtandemskydive.com
www.thepoopsheet.com
www.badbonesparachutes.com
www.skydivetoledo.com

wow, u made a whole website for it and everything. :P

.-.

yeah and we were only really going for 300 ;)

I think it was kinnys Idea and a lot of begging and pleading went into ggetting people to skip work etc to come help out (kims mom was carrying tandems from the field)

but all in all a great day I am glad I went and packed to help out on the record

Skijunky Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

CrossKeys has been doing more than 200 tandems in a day for a couple of years now! Prior to that they were busting 180 on a weekend day.

It's a very well oiled machine - most days the fun jumpers don't even have a clue that that many tandems have been taken out.

First of all I would like to thank all of the team at Skydive Cross Keys that helped in making this event possible and the huge sucess that it is. I am in complete awe of everyone's performance.

The idea was kicked around last summer, and was solidified over the winter when Red Bull came on board. BTW - A huge thank you to Paul and your entire team!!!

Thank You to T.J Sullins who was instrumental in getting the ball rolling and who could not join use for the event as he is serving our country overseas.

Thank You to Rubber Ducky and team whos' tireless efforts made our DZ look outstanding for this event.

Thank You to PACKERS, PILOTS, JUMPASTERS and MANIFEST - YOUR PERFORMANCE WAS AMAZING - OVER 400 TANDEMS completed from 9:45 AM to about 6:30 PM.

Thank You to TOAST -nothing flies without your help!

As you all know, we got there at 4:00 AM to get the ball rolling and weather kept us on the ground till after 9:30. Paul from Red Bull kept asking me, "When are we going to get going?", "What can we do?". I could only smile and say, "When the weather breaks - I KNOW WE ARE READY!". The confidence that I have in our team is what Paul left with after every conversation.

We planned logistically for an reliable pace of about 30 tandems an hour. The sun came out and we were seeing upwards of 45 tandems per hour.

Again, THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE TEAM!

Hey Liz -I am thinking aaaaahhhh 700?

Rick Roe aka Peanut
DZM
Skydive Cross Keys

I like how he mentioned us packers first ;)

Skyjunky Dave Who looked like a zombie packer with a broken rib after the event.
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

CrossKeys has been doing more than 200 tandems in a day for a couple of years now! Prior to that they were busting 180 on a weekend day.

It's a very well oiled machine - most days the fun jumpers don't even have a clue that that many tandems have been taken out.

I bet that these numbers put ASC to shame! Wow... B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban