dmetz

DZ near Eglin Air Force Base, Florida?

Going to be there for a few weeks, and looking for a nearby dz. Any help would be appreciated.

It's near Pensacola.

Dan

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?"

Thanks, looks good, and its pretty close. What kind of aircraft do they have? On the website they show cessna and a porter; while one the dz.com database they have a caravan.

Hey! I live in Pensacola and jump at Emerald Coast. We would love to have you come and see us! We either have a Porter or a Caravan depending on the weekend. We only do weekend jumping right now, but we do offer beach jumps. It's a small dz with a great group of people! As a matter of fact Robert, Lillzilla on here comes over from Eglin I think. Hope to see you this weekend! If you have any other questions feel free to pm me!

Blue Skies!
Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

Hey, thanks for the info. Are there any special requirements for beach jumps? I used to jump in Hawaii, but never got a chance to do one, I would love to though. I won't be around until mid July, I think, so if all goes according to plan, I'll probably see you then.

Dan

You might look in the SIM, but it is probably a good Idea to have a B-license (or at least water training) and I think you are required to have some sort of flotation device.

Scott

edited to say I'm probably wrong... so read the SIM...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

***Are there any special requirements for beach jumps?

I jump at Emerald Coast and to jump the beach (FloraBama , Pink Pony or Llilians Pizza) you need a B license, water gear. We usually make a sunset load on Sat/Sun afternoon and we arrange for people to pick us up and sometimes the DZO picks us up in the van. However after Dennis gets through it might be a while before we can jump the beach again. Hurricane Ivan left all kind of shit like stoves, cars, pilings, concrete, washers and every other household appliance you can think of and it was dangerous to jump until they got it cleaned up. Come on over though we have a good time and would love to have you visit. There are 3-4 jumpers that come from Ft. Walton every week.

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

Do you happen to know if they were damaged by Dennis at all? Are they likely to be jumping this weekend? If not, I won't bother lugging my gear on the plane.

Thanks
Dan