jtny10

Atlanta Dropzones this week

Can any one please tell me which dz to go to that is close to atlanta GA. There are so many to choose from. any opinion would be helpfull.

Freefly friendly

Thanks in advance.
:)
Live it, Love it, Just go for it before it slipps away. Dont wait another day.

well i am staying in the heart of atlanta. as for the rest ... I am working on freeflying.. mainly sit position. as for the date and times i will be arriving on tuesday afternoon (tomo.) and staying till the next tuesday. then it is off to North carolina.

I am on a 6 month tour cross country promoting Careerbuilder.com
Check out this site i am on the Crew page. My name is James.. http://www.cbtourusa.com/crew.asp

Live it, Love it, Just go for it before it slipps away. Dont wait another day.

well i am staying in the heart of atlanta. as for the rest ... I am working on freeflying.. mainly sit position

Then come on out to Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston. It's south of the city (directions are simple and on website). It's hands down the best freefly dropzone in the area.

The aircraft is a super king air that takes 14 jumpers to 14500 feet in 8 minutes.

See you this weekend.:)
Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

If you are looking to focus Freefly coaching,. SDA (Thomaston) is definitely the place you want.
Fast Plane, Friendly Staff, Great Freeflyers all around.

But I would also suggest that if you get a chance, to check out some of the other DZ`s while you are in town.
Monroe is a great DZ north east of the city.
The Farm is about an hour west and definitely a place not to miss.
Rome is about an hour north of the city and also a great DZ but they may not be flying at the moment due to lack of aircraft (They are working on correcting that soon as possible).

If you have the opportunity, you should check out all these DZ`s. All have some great people and each one offers something a little different. All are worth checking out.

If you have the opportunity, you should check out all these DZ`s. All have some great people and each one offers something a little different. All are worth checking out.

Yeap - very true.

Quick breakdown for the original poster:
FF'ing and fast plane rides: Skydive Atlanta
RW: Monroe
Canopy or relaxing picturesque environment: The Farm
Rome: Ben and his cowbell :P

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Rome is about an hour north of the city and also a great DZ but they may not be flying at the moment due to lack of aircraft (They are working on correcting that soon as possible).

so u dont actually need an aircraft to be classified as a DZ? awesome! I am opening my own NEW DZ here in tally!! I dont have a plane yet but Im sure I can scrounge up something ubscure like a cowbell... how bout a cattle prod! that would be fun...:D
----
-God, you are the perfect amount of dumb...