BethMott

Skydiving near Nashville

I live in Nashville. The closest dropzone is Tennessee Skydiving Center in Tullahoma, which is my home dz but is closed right now and in the process of being sold.
The tullahoma crowd has been going to Skydive Alabama in Cullman lately. Its 2 hours from Nasvhille, and a GREAT dropzone.
I'll be there this weekend on saturday. Send me a PM if you want to drive down with me or need directions.

Kristi

I'm curious to find out where people in the Nashville area go to skydive. I haven't found anything close to home. It's beautiful weather outside and I'm ready to start skydiving again this season. Any suggestions??

You've got three great choices within a 3 hour drive.

Skydive Alabama in Cullman (where most of Tullahoma's regulars have gravitated to) and they have their own King Air - 2 hours.

West Tennessee Skydiving as Chris Welker said, home to Mike Mullin's famous King Air.

Skydive The Farm in Cedartown, GA. Porter and Caravan, I think... some Nashville jumpers go there. It's about the same distance as WTS.

I jump at Cullman, mostly... come on down! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

we also get quite a few from tenn come down to the Farm. Contact Beezyshaw you may be able to scrounge a ride from him
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

There is a non-USPA GM Cessna DZ north of Nashville in Russelville, KY run by a guy named Harry Rooks. They don't advertise much or have a website.

CDR

Not much of a fun jumper crowd there though. He'll haul tandems in his cessna, and give any extra slots to fun jumpers but thats about it. You can hang out all day and maybe get one jump.

Hey Beth, I think everyone has covered it.
Skydive Alabama is 2 hours
West TN Skydiving is 3.5 hours
Atlanta drop zones are either 4 hours to Rome or Cedartown or 5 hours to Thomaston or Monroe.

I've just been following boogies lately, or going to Cullman.

Thanks girl! I'm actually from AL and I'm headed down this weekend to see a cousin who's in from Afghanistan. I'll be in Anniston, then to Tuscaloosa. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and maybe we can get together down there at some point very soon. I've got a good friend who's made one tandem in Tullahoma (during the 10 jumps that I made there last Sept/Oct) and she's wanting to do AFF, so if that's the place to go then thanks so much! Shoot me an email and maybe we can carpool, etc.

Hey Beth,

I travel for work and my schedule is kinda crazy right now, so dont wait around for me.. just show up! (with a case of beer, of course!)
Everyone is super nice. But I will let you know the next time I'm going, and we can carpool.
Jonathan (aka Curley) is the DZO and THE MAN to talk to about AFF.

Oh, and I think I have that shirt that you're wearing in your picture!!!!!!

Sounds like a boogie theme to me!!! B|

And speaking of boogies, get current NOW! Theres lots of boogies coming up!

:)