op5e

Moruya boogie - NSW/Aust - 26Feb/6Mar 2005

The Morya boogie is coming up soon, and I just wanted to know how many dz.commers are going to attend. What do you think you will be doing when you are there. How far away will be you travelling from.

I for one will be taking photos from the ground because that is all I am good for at the moment. I have to add I suck at taking photos.

I have stolen the text from their website and placed it below. Please check their website to get the most up to date info.

February 26th to March 6th
Run Run's First One for 05.

Moruya Airfield is on the Eurobadalla Coast NSW and boasts an impressive 1500 metre bitumen runway alongside the Moruya River ending around 100m before a cool surf beach ensuring spectacular views and easy beach jumps.

Skyvan and Beaver

Load Organisers

Freeflying:
Jon King, Buck, Crikey, Josh Vanderstelt, Scatty, Brown, Mita

Wing Suits:
Neil Fergie, Scatty

Rel Work:
Douggs, Wildman, Poo Smith, Michael Vaughan

Canopy Coaches:
Robbie McMillan, Archie Jamieson

* Boogie Video Every Night by Elad Berger
* Digital Stills Photographers
* Demo Wingsuits and first jump courses
* Catering Onsite
* Full Camping facilities on the airfield (toilets, showers, drinking water)
* Moruya is only 10km away for more hotels, foodmarkets, etc...
* Information about the area can be found at www.naturecoast-tourism.com.au

Swoop Comp.

* First leg of the Run Cup
* Swoop comp held on Wednesday the 2nd Feb on the beach.

The Run Cup Champion will be the highest points scorer of three swoop meets. The second meet and the freestyle leg is at the canopy pilots week at funnyfarm
Registration and Prices

* $100 rego or $15 a day
* $34 to 14000ft. If you buy 30 jumps, get one free

More Information ask

Jack Surawski, [email protected] or
Roger Mulckey, [email protected]
http://www.funnyfarm.com.au/moruya.html

I'm only going for the second weekend, but I doubt I'll be jumping there, I dont have much money at the moment.

It's all about the party. Pretty much everyone I've asked at the dz is going, it's going to be huge. I wish I could be there the whole time, but I'm sure I'll be having much more fun at work....[:/]
www.TerminalSports.com.auAustralia's largest skydive gear store

If I end up being there the second weekend I will shout you a ticket. Man I should be the only cripple not jumping. It should be interesting to see how the nightlife will be. I am so looking forward to it. I have missed my home DZs xmas party and its 40th birthday because of this stupid leg hopefully I wont miss Moruya B|

Bob.dino will you be there the first weekend?

Dave you should go down with Steve. He's leaving on Sunday.

We're jumping at Picton on saturday if you wanna come down and do some jumps!

I havent jumped in a month, it's crazy!

I haven't done the beer yet, always have to get back to Canberra before the bar opens! Next time I stay in Sydney I'll put a case on!
Looks like I will get down to moruya after all :)Weather doesn't look good though
Friday
Possible thunderstorm
16°C - 27°C

Saturday
Possible thunderstorm
16°C - 25°C

Sunday
Possible shower
16°C - 24°C

Nah.

It's all about making 40 jumps, learning to sitfly, learning to backfly, drinking too much, talking shite, making friends, making inappropriate comments, going swimming at 3am, watching the sun come up, dancing like a fool, and needing a holiday once it's all over.

B|

I haven't done the beer yet, always have to get back to Canberra before the bar opens! Next time I stay in Sydney I'll put a case on!
Looks like I will get down to moruya after all :)Weather doesn't look good though
Friday
Possible thunderstorm
16°C - 27°C

Saturday
Possible thunderstorm
16°C - 25°C

Sunday
Possible shower
16°C - 24°C

see its all about the partying..

god said so.

Nah.

It's all about making 40 jumps, learning to sitfly, learning to backfly, drinking too much, talking shite, making friends, making inappropriate comments, going swimming at 3am, watching the sun come up, dancing like a fool, and needing a holiday once it's all over.

B|

.........and to think I was trusting you to stop Steve drowing in a drunken mid night swim or simply falling asleep on the runway. Oh what have I done??? :S

Well the total number of jumps for day one was a big fat 0.

There was low cloud cover, the base at 1500ft. By about 2 most people had given up and cracked a tinny.

Driving back to Canberra there was low cloud until Bungendore, so say about 120km of cloud inland.
But blue skies in Canberra (damn what a tease!)

I think the cloud will clear up for Monday.

Steve told me they were doing hop and pops from pretty low with Poo's Cessna. He was in town at the time though, but was going back for some jumps.

Only 4 more days to go til I'm there!

There was one hnp on Sunday (one person) when they checked the cloud base. No more jumping so sheit was talked and beer was drunk.

Saturday was overcast so poo's cessna went up and did a heap of hop and pops. Last load of the day went to height in the skyvan (some landed on the beach). Again more beer was drunk and video was watched on the big screen.

Sunday (today) was a very nice day and loads to height have been going all day. There was freefly, starcrest, horny gorillas, swoops, boat rides, wing suits oh and great weather ;).

Trav I also did not get any jumps this weekend ;) I have to say that even though I am grounded the view at Moruya is fantastic, hope I get to see it from height one day.

Definately great to finally meet a number of dz.commers.

Was that on Sunday or Saturday?
I was there on Saturday, didn't see Steve there.

That was Sunday. We jumped at Picton on Saturday. Yeah, he basically said they were putting loads up most of the day sunday, just hop and pops I think he said.

27 Skyvan loads yesterday (at 5:30pm and still going!). Can't wait to get there on Friday!