freeflir29

Empuria Brava Accomodations and getting around....

I did a search and came up with a little info but......This being a HUGE vacation destination the offerings of villas are ENDLESS. If I ended up a little bit away from the DZ are taxis easy to come by? Also.........what's up with the damn self catering crap? I want to be waited on hand and foot. :D Should I just forget the villa and get a hotel then? How hard is it to get a place in June?

are you going there alone or with family ??

if you're alone, better at the bunkhouse. Or if you have more money to spend, hotel or apartment.

If you want some catering, this guy Jurg is around the DZ and wanted to run a business in high-level BBQ's and stuff... so you might be a client for him :P

forget the taxis, rent a bike.

edited to add : check www.babylon-freefly.com tehy have some rooms to rent, and also do a search about Nimbin. Cool places to stay, but you'll need a bike.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I'll be by myself but no bunk house for me. I want LUXURY. ;) This will be a short vacation from a CRAPPY place so I want a really nice place with maids, room service, pool, etc. Renting a bike sounds like a great idea though! The prices there all seem fairly cheap. I have seen MANY apartments for around $500USD per week. Those are nice but I don't want to have to clean up when I leave either. :D

There is a hotel a couple of hundred yards from the DZ (Castell Blanc?) which is reasonably priced and meant to be quite nice.

The thing to bear in mind with Empuria is that most of the nightlife, especially the late nightlife, occurs in the town which is a little over a mile from the DZ. Whenever I go, we normally stay in the town so that we are staggering distance from the main bars and then drive to and from the DZ. This seems to be the best way to do it.

However if you don't plan on hiring a car, I suggest staying nearer the DZ and getting taxis back in the evening. Last time I did this (3 years ago) there was a taxi rank and no problem getting a taxi home. Journey from the town to the DZ then was about 7 euros. Bound to have gone up by now.

My advice would be to hire a car and stay in the town. That way if you get a day of Tramontana you can go exploring!

Vicki

oh-barcelona.com/en/costa_brava_hotels/district_2/

Found a nice site there that lists several hotels with good info about them. Thanks! One question........WTF is the difference between "Half Board, Full Board, and Bed and Breakfast?" New terms to me!?!?!?

B&B includes breakfast only
Half board includes two meals (breakfast plus lunch or dinner, which may or may not be specified in the terms)
Full board - breakfast/lunch/dinner
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

B&B includes breakfast only
Half board includes two meals (breakfast plus lunch or dinner, which may or may not be specified in the terms)
Full board - breakfast/lunch/dinner

Ahhhh Hahhh! Cool........so I CAN be pampered. :D Not sure I want to be stuck eating at the hotel all the time though and I'll only get breakfast if they serve till noon. :D I WILL NOT be getting up early. :ph34r:

You'll probably want to grab lunch at the DZ and you'll probably eat dinner late somewhere in the town en route to the many, many bars.

"Probably" she says........:D I can assure you that I will be one drunk partying monkey! :D Hopefully the hangovers will subside enough to also get lots of jumps in. B|

Nice sheep 1.5 miles North of the DZ...

I was actually laughing my ass off the other day. I was riding from Deland to the Orlando tunnel with Paige and Ari. It was kinda quiet in the car and my mind was wandering. Of course thinking about how much fun I will have in Empuria. Then I suddenly remembered reading an article in USA Today........don't remember exactly what it was about but it DID say that prostitution was legal in Spain. :D :D:D Of course.......with all the HOT French, German, Spanish, etc etc chicks there on vacation........who needs to pay up front? :D

Head out of the DZ turn right at the roundabout and i think its the first on the left on the other side of the road is the nocking shop i have not sampled any of them but did sit in there till 6 am on day getting mashed on beer and watching all to much puntang in my face then there is a baggette bar round the corner that i had a bite to eat and many of the working girls were there then of to DZ for breakfast swim AKA a wash!

Yes there is a couple of joints there with girls remember in europe life does not start till 2300hrs so pace yourself!!!

WTF is that from Baghdad time? :D

2 hrs less. Not much time difference.

BTW: Hotel Castel Blanc (very close to DZ) is nice, not too expensive, rooms are OK w/TV, but: The breakfast is the worst I ever had. I've been there 3 times, incredible! Have a look on www.skydiveempuriabrava.com They show nice accomodations with a touch of luxury.

Problem is: If you chose the hotel next to the DZ, that's only convenient in the morning, just few meters to the DZ, so you can carry your equipment every day to and back from the DZ. But, that DZ's bar (nice one) closes quite early in the evening, night life starts quite late at the other edge of Empuria. It's easier to live where night life starts. So before diving into the night, you could hv a nice dinner somewhere, all could be reached just by walking, and be sure: Do not drive when drunken. Police station is not far from DZ.

Rent a car for this time, the best you can do. It happend more than one time that we were waiting for a taxi early morning for more than 2 hrs. >:( So, in the morning (or early at noon:P) you're sober, drive to DZ and come back in the evening. Then by foot you go and jump into nightlife.

Empuria is a great place. Enjoy it. :):)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Hi,
Empuria is not such a big area (even less for a American!) the drop zone is located at 1.8 miles from the beach( 10 minutes biking; I did it for three and a hal year!);all of the bars are near the beach but you got hotels next to the DZ or at the beach (grocery stores are evrywhere!)
If you want is a very very nice hotel; I would recommend you the Port Salins hotel witch next to de beach.
If you budget doesnt allow it; I think the Castell Blanc would be a great choice too(it is at 5 minutes walk from the DZ)...

If you are looking for a great apartment or house in Empuriabrava, I rent good places for good prices! And since I live since 16 years in Empuriabrava I can give you all the information you want.
I also offer extra possibilities as car rent, airport transfer, fresh bread and newspapers, etc.
If you are looking for a hotel, I can help you with that as well of course.
Just e-mail me at [email protected]