airdweller

What would you consider to be the mecca of skydiving?

Man, what happened to Oklahoma? Or did the sport grow up too fast on the left coast and Florida?

They got a new airport manager and there was something about lotsa nekked folks and the rotating beacon... but that was after I was outta the sport that time. Dammit. Missed a heckuva party it sounds like.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

How about in the late 60's early 70's when the nationals where held every year in Tahlequah, OK.

I didn't start till '81 so I missed that. But about a year after Muskogee, Bill C. bought Skydance and moved it over to Tahlequah. I had re-enlisted in the Army so I only got to jump there on leave.

Lotsa them folks are still around. And, stories about them days still eminate....
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

How about in the late 60's early 70's when the nationals where held every year in Tahlequah, OK.

I didn't start till '81 so I missed that. But about a year after Muskogee, Bill C. bought Skydance and moved it over to Tahlequah. I had re-enlisted in the Army so I only got to jump there on leave.

Lotsa them folks are still around. And, stories about them days still eminate....

It was the season of 10 way, the 100 yard dash of skydiving.:P Damn I miss old 10 way.:|

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

It was the season of 10 way, the 100 yard dash of skydiving.:P Damn I miss old 10 way.:|

Sparky

Hinckley, IL, first completed 10-way outside of SoCal. Where the Freak Brothers started. DZ is still there.
www.freak-brother.com

"Heads" Bar

The bar is now a bikers bar. Part of the Rickerby mural is still there. Jumpers are welcome.

Still got my Heads t-shirt. I've seen Darrel at the convention and z-hills a few times.

I saw Betty at Lake Wales last week.

Having an off-dz skydivers bar was funny. It was like a sports bar with only one sport.

WFFC

Once a year "everyone" makes a pilgrimage

I'd have to agree with Vallerina...EB is gorgeous!:)
But, 'Mecca' implies some correlation to the Haj that is made once a year, during a specific time, by persons of Muslim faith to the town of Mecca. It holds religious and historical significance.

In keeping true to the definition a 'Mecca'...I would have to say that RANTOUL qualifies as the only 'Mecca'.B|

And this year - I'm going to Haj my A$$ off!!! See ya there!:S:S

Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Kiwi, RB #926, AFF-I, FAA Snr. Rigger, RN/BSN/Paramedic