eUrNiCc

Collegiate Nationals Dec. 27-Jan 1 @ Lake Wales

I figured it was about time for a Collegiate Nationals thread in this forum so that all us college kids could get to know eachother a little before showing up in FL in a month.

Lets all introduce ourselves:

I'm Eric from the University of North Carolina. I've been jumping since February and I have 260 jumps. I'll be competing in 4 way with a team from UNC and NC state, but I also do alot of freeflying, birdman, and camera jumps. Hopefully i'll be able to get on a pick-up freefly team, and get a little collegiate flock going.

I'll be bringing a couple non-collegiate buddies with me to fun jump and hang out, and we'll be camping on the DZ.

Anyhow, I can't wait to see you all there! Only 28 more days!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

hi! i'm nichole from b'ham, AL. in school @ UAB-univ. of aL in the Ham...we have no skydiving, & i barely have 70 jumps, & i was not aware of this college comp...HOWEVER, i did just get back from Zhills (is this where the comp/boogie is?) and it ROX...also i'd love to come hang out ~

meet some fellow students (who'd let me rant about finals for a bit) - anyway, hi all...fill me in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMS#269
Team Dirty Sanchez#41

Hi,

I'm Max from Germany. I'm also going to be there..
What can I expect it from it? I heard there are many people coming.. Is there a program?
Where can I sleep there?
I gonna bring my girlfriend with me. :)

I'm 20, have 400 jumps and do strictly freefly. I hope I will find someone to jump with :)
Cya there,
Max

I'll be bringing a couple non-collegiate buddies with me to fun jump and hang out, and we'll be camping on the DZ.

I'm one of Eric's non-collegiate buddies. The CSS freefly crew is doing a Tour de Florida between Xmas and New Year's. My kick ass trailer might even make the trip. B|

Aggie Dave- Aggies ROCK! When I did collegiates, y'all totally adopted me as one of your own.

I'm one of Eric's non-collegiate buddies. The CSS freefly crew is doing a Tour de Florida between Xmas and New Year's. My kick ass trailer might even make the trip. B|

Aggie Dave- Aggies ROCK! When I did collegiates, y'all totally adopted me as one of your own.

I'm with her.

Not in college anymore but wish I was. Tour de Florida if I can afford it. Anyone know where I can park my car???
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

I'm one of Eric's non-collegiate buddies. The CSS freefly crew is doing a Tour de Florida between Xmas and New Year's. My kick ass trailer might even make the trip.

haha! and instead of doing 4way your group made me freefly! That was a riot!

Seey ou at ZHIlls NYE!

haha! and instead of doing 4way your group made me freefly! That was a riot!

Seey ou at ZHIlls NYE!

Yeah! I bet you had so much more fun flying with us than waiting around for 4 way competition loads between weather holds! B|

I'll be at ZHills at some point- A friend of mine is getting married at Deland on the first, so I might do New Year's there. Although ZHills rocked NYE last time I was there. ;)

WHats up!! Hey my name is marcus and i jump in tallahassee florida. once again, this year i'll be the only one from FSU competing. anyway, im hoping to maybe find three guys that wanna put a four way team together.. if not, ill be hitting up the sport accuracy contests.. yada yada. im totally stoked about it this year. its my second year competing and ive got almost 200 jumps.
see ya all there!
~MArcus

Yeah! I bet you had so much more fun flying with us than waiting around for 4 way competition loads between weather holds!

no weather holds, but the fact taht doing collegiates meant only 4 jumps in a wonderful 80 degree perfect weather FL day made us change our minds. No worries, we had sponsorship $$ and did plenty of fun jumps! :D

hey everyone.
Just wanted to know if you can still jump without having to be in the competition during dec 27-jan1.
I am a collegiate but I only have 94 jumps. However, I want to know if it is worth going, and if I will be able to jump and not compete?
thank u

The second year I went, I didn't compete. It was a combination of my lack of $$$ and the competition's lack of freeflying (it was before they added the event).

Just ask Stacy- we still had fun! B|

Remember that a bunch of the students there have around the same number of jumps as you, so it's not like everyone has thousands of jumps and hours of tunnel time. If you don't jump between now and then (B|), you can do 2 way, which is limited to people with fewer than 100 jumps. You can always go down there and get a pickup team together. (That's what I did when I had 50-ish jumps.)

So, yeah you can jump without competing, but a lot of people will be competing at your experience level.

Hope to see you there!

:)

Thank u very much for the info, I will surely be there with my best friend which is not a collegiate but has the same amount of jumps as I do.
see u there

What are the requirements to fly camera for the pool? I'm competing in 4 way, but after that I would like to fly camera for some of the other events if they'll let me.

This is the only information that I've been able to find other than the little paragraph on the USPA website. The lake wales website lists the start date as the 24th, but the USPA lists it as the 27th. Does anybody know what's up with that?

(from the Lake Wales website)
Welcome!
To The
2004 Collegiate Nationals
Hosted By
The Florida Skydiving Center - Lake Wales
The Florida Skydiving Center is extremely proud to be hosting the 2004 Collegiate Nationals. This is our fourth Collegiates and Betty Hill and all the Staff at Lake Wales are dedicated in their commitment to make this a competitor friendly event. You the competitor are the reason for this event and using all our previous experience, our aim is to provide you with the best ever Collegiates.

To make us more efficient and your visit to Lake Wales more enjoyable, pre-registration is highly recommended. You can register on-line or by mail or fax.

Our main priority during the 2004 Collegiates is to ensure the most efficient and minimum round requirements for every discipline. We guarantee that no event will commence earlier than scheduled but please plan to stay through to the scheduled end of the event.

Should you not find the information you require in this web site, please do not hesitate to call us on (863) 678 1003, fax us on (863) 678 1409 or e-mail us at [email protected]. All the Staff at the Florida Skydiving Center assure you of their dedication in making 2004, the most efficient and enjoyable Collegiates in history!

We look forward to welcoming you to the 2004 U.S. Collegiate Skydiving Championships here in beautiful, sunny Lake Wales!

Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

The competition schedule on Lake Wales' website says the 27th, just like USPA. They'll have the briefing the night of the 27th and competition will start the next morning.

As far as flying video, I'd suggest calling Lake Wales and asking. You wouldn't be able to jump at all (video or other) until your event is finished. But after that I'm sure you'd be able to help out on video. The only problem is they don't always complete each event before starting the next one. Plus they'll change things around after competition starts depending on weather and other events so that things can get done as quickly as possible.

What are the requirements to fly camera for the pool?

Last year they only used video flyers for 4-way and 2-way. Since you can't compete in 4-way and fly video at the same time, perhaps you can get hooked up with 2-way. Give Debbie a call at Lake Wales.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Randy