Nataly

going to the UK/Europe

Hello everyone!

I will be in Europe from 18 July to 20 August.. Any recommendations or travel tips would be welcome! If you have any experience, or visited some awsome DZ's, or touristy-type stuff..

Also, if any of my friends want to see me, e-mail me and let me know..

Thanks in advance

Nataly :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

freefly festival in Switzerland, afetr that a few visits to beautiful places, have a look at the mountains around Interlaken, with the famous BASE valley.
Espace boogie in Vichy with the An72 and Beech 99 (not to be missed)
if you need any help around in Switzerland don't hesitate to contact me
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Yeah.. I was looking at the Herc boogie and crying like a little girl when I found out it was too late :( Hopefully I won't be such a dumbass when it comes to other events..

Nataly
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Dunno.. I was so hoping to go.. I've been to Sweden, and always wanted to go back--it would have been so awsome to participate in the boogie at the same time.. I might still go, even though I won't be able to jump :(

I put my name down for the one in Vichy, but I don't really know what I'll be doing at that point..

What about Swizerland.. How do you register?? What are the prices? I went on the website, and didn't find any info on that..
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

for the Freeflyfestival, you can send an email to serge at rastafly dot ch , the prices are around CHF 40.- per jump which is a normal price in switzerland.
On their website everything is in german, so if you need any help don't hesitate to ask.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

if you are staged out of the UK check out Ryan air
http://www.ryanair.com
It is awesome, and flys out of london standtstead (really about an hour north of london) you can fly almost anywhere in Europe for next to nothing. You can fly to Girona Spain which is ver close to Empuria Brava, you can fly fo Fiorli Italy which is close to skydive pull out in Ravenna.

And there are just a bunch of cool places you can fly to super cheap...just check their site.
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it"

Cool, thanks! A couple of people have mentioned this airline and a few others..

Does anyone know if it's worth it to get a Eurail pass? It has just about every country *except* the UK >:(
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Eurail pass probably has changed prices since I went that route (in 93 lol), but its give and take.

I found that in france and Austria, it was cheaper to use the pass, while in Spain, tickets would have been cheeper. Do a search in the forums (not sure which it was now )on Eurail pass, there should a couple of post from me and others with links to several of Europe's train companies.
Remster

I got a BritRail pass for my trip next week, it was a deal compared to buying the tickets.

It's been a super bargain every time I've been over there. In Europe the passenger rail system works. It is the Anti-Amtrack.

Nataly.

If you are under 26 you should maybe think about an Interrail pass (£295 for a one month all zones pass), they are only available in Europe and you can't use it in the country where you buy it. Otherwise for expensive countries buy a Eurodomino pass. I'm a travel agent so PM me for more details. Aprt from that low cost carriers like Ryanair are the way to go.

Yeah, I am under 26.. Lots of supposed deals out there, but I probably won't have any plans until I get there--and even so, they'll probably change several times!!!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Yeah.. I was looking at the Herc boogie and crying like a little girl when I found out it was too late :( Hopefully I won't be such a dumbass when it comes to other events..

Nataly

Nataly, don't kick yourself too hard - it is a three hundred jump post FS1 minimum so you couldn't have gone anyway... but it will be on again in 2 years time :)
The biggest things going on then AFAIK in Europe then are the Espace Boogie and the Czech Boogie at Karlovy Vary... I will be at both.

There are threads on both of them somewhere in this forum. Enjoy! B|

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.