Rudderow

skydiving orange?

I just moved down to MD (annapolis area). I'm looking for a new DZ. so far the closest ones are Parachutes are fun (in Salisbury) and skydive Orange. I'm leaning towards Orange. can anyone tell me a little bit more about the place? how does it compare to X Keys? are there places to stay? should I bring a tent? thanks a bunch!!

blue skies!

Not exactly responsive to your post, but Maytown, PA has several jumpers from MD come up on a regular basis. No turbines. Just 2 C182s and wide open areas and a friendly atmosphere. There are some very good freeflyers and relative workers to jump with, and if you're into CRW we have some pretty decent dawgs, too. It's a little more low key than X-Keys (pardon the pun), but we try to have fun.

being an orange chick myself, i'm obviously a little biased in considering it one of the most friendly and fun dzs to jump at and hang out. so i'd definitely recommend you come out and play with us. it's always great to see new faces...especially the chicks! that being said, obviously you'll also want to check out all your other new local dzs, cos i'm sure they're also full of excellent people to play with. if you can though, come down and see us this weekend, cos amy from the sugar gliderz is in town and will be coaching and organizing (i just posted more details of this on this forum), so it would be the perfect time to get some great jumps in and meet all of us. bring a tent, cos we don't have bunkhouses, but you can always crash on one of the couches in the hangar as well (just remember the house rules...never pass out with your shoes still on ;) )

hope to see you there, if not this weekend, then sometime soon B|

Hi there. Skydive Virginia in Louisa (my home DZ) is the same distance as Orange - at least from my house in Northern Virginina. :)
We are a smaller DZ than Orange and we fly a caravan. We have a good mix of RW and Freefly, and a very friendly atmosphere.

Both DZs are nice, and I think you should check them both out before making up your mind. Please let me know when you want to come out to SDV and I'll be happy to introduce you to everyone. :)
Bettina

Actually you should check out Skydive Delmarva, in Laurel DE. Cool place.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

You should know, by now, not to go head to head with me in a public forum.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

Coming from you, that is a total laugh. PM from here on out.

Well, from your posts, Lance, it seems that Parachutes are Fun is probably the uncoolest DZ around. Instead of bashing someone else's DZ, try promoting your own in a positive light.

Orange is a great DZ, but so are a lot of others in the area. I am extremely biased towards Orange, but I won't bash any other DZ to prove it.

To the original poster, come on down to Orange, we have a lot to offer. Great atmosphere, great people, great fliers in every discipline, and a legendary party scene. Hope to see you soon.

- Dan G

I have to agree with BKDice. Skydive Virginia is a great place to jump. We are all like a big family. No matter what your dicipline you will find folks to jump with there. Come out and see us!!!

CG
Skydive VA
"Very Dangerous, You Go First!"