sunnydee123

Titusville - Leap Year Boogie - WHO?

I'll be there all weekend, along with my neighbor Alfonso the tunnel rat who just got his first rig. I'll be making my "pre-2nd" helicopter jump. I'll be landing on the airport every jump if all goes as planned. :D I'll be staying at my mom's house down the road... I don't think they allow camping there, and they do have a bunkhouse down the road but I'll bet it's gonna be packed. If I didn't have my mom's house available I'd probably see if I could camp in the bunkhouse yard...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I'll be there. For everyone too lazy to check events or the web site, they will have the followong:

Skydive Space Center Spring Fling Boogie
Leap into Leap Year!
Friday 27 to Sunday 29 February 2004
Come boogie with us in Florida for Leap Year!

Jumps just $17 to 15,000 feet, $22 to 18,000 feet and

$13 early bird ‘sunrise’ loads Saturday and Sunday.

Grand Caravan and Super King Air. Other aircraft to be announced.

World leading freefly and RW coaches and load organisers -

Fabian Raidel, Juliana Se Raidel and Joao Tambor.

Canopy handling and swoop coach - to be announced soon!

Leap Year party Saturday. Free raffle - great prizes.

Free bunkhouse and camping with full amenities 1/4 mile from the dz.

Call to reserve your slot - 1-800-823-0016 or email [email protected]

Well I emailed the DZ with some questions and got no response. That's ok - maybe they are busy (or the email monsters ate it) but me and some friends were thinking about heading there tonight, camping and jumping our butts off Saturday. I need to get more info on the whole "camping down the road" thing because we won't get there until prolly around 8ish. I have do play investigator but my car is packed and ready to go. Looking forward to it....See ya soon

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

You should call the DZ, I've never tried emailing them but Stacey always answers the phone and is very helpful. The bunkhouse is at the end of the road the airport is on, right at the intersection with Garden St. I dunno if camping is gonna be allowed there or not, but I'm pretty sure it's not allowed at the airport.

EDIT: I don't even think the DZ has a PC... would explain the unanswered email...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

They have a couple PCs, but only internet is dialup SHIT!!!, but Stacy doesn't check it, I beleive that is Pattys job. Oh well.

And yes, the weather is SUCKING today. WTF, over. I think I am cursed, every other weekend for the past 1 1/2 months we have had shit weather at Titusville. This is getting old and about time to have words with the man upstairs.

PcCoder.net

I stopped trusting internet weather last weekend. The "current conditions" (not even FORECAST, but CURRENT CONDITIONS!) listed for Titsuville on skydivingweather.com was a cloud base at 800 feet, with several layers above that. I called the DZ and they said it was perfect blue skies, I drove over and they were right.

I can understand if forecasting is somewhat inaccurate, but current conditions being totally wrong?!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Ill be your friend.

Just got home from Titusville, was there since 9:30 am. The weather was blue, very pretty, but the winds were really strong. Non of the fun jumpers that I usually jump with were jumping, these are guys/girls who have hundreds of jumps. The tandem masters were even complaining about it and landed out in the big field instead of right next to the hanger like normal. The uppers were "around 60mph" this morning said one jumper. Ground winds had to be 15+ with gusts at times in the 30s or 40s. It was too windy and consequently I got NO jumps in.

Did you hear that. NONE, damn it!!!!!! But I did buy a nice t shirt which had Pauline Richard's silohuette on it. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow. I am going to check www.weather.com, NOT!!!

PcCoder.net

I just got back to my place after being in Titusville all weekend for the boogie. This was one of the best weekends that I have had in a long time. It was a great boogie with a lot of really good jumps and great people.

All the staff and organizers did an amazing job of putting together such a nice boogie. Fabian, Juliiana, Peter G, Joao, Kaz - you guys ROCK!!

I got to do some really nice medium way HD jumps (4- 9 people), great canopy jumps (canopy relative work but wihtout docking - 1.6 - 2.1 wingloadings...) and a nice carving course that we set up today. What a great weekend! :)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

I must agree, the boggie was alot of fun! I was there filming one of the sweedish 4 way teams so I didnt get to do much "fun" jumping. I did however get to meet some really cool people (hi Sonny and her better .05); in addition to jumping the helo. Thats something everyone should try at least once!

Ill be your friend.

Just got home from Titusville, was there since 9:30 am. The weather was blue, very pretty, but the winds were really strong. Non of the fun jumpers that I usually jump with were jumping, these are guys/girls who have hundreds of jumps. The tandem masters were even complaining about it and landed out in the big field instead of right next to the hanger like normal. The uppers were "around 60mph" this morning said one jumper. Ground winds had to be 15+ with gusts at times in the 30s or 40s. It was too windy and consequently I got NO jumps in.

Did you hear that. NONE, damn it!!!!!! But I did buy a nice t shirt which had Pauline Richard's silohuette on it. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow. I am going to check www.weather.com, NOT!!!

Alright, I have a friend! Just what I always wanted!!

Saturday was gloomy and nasty, so we didn't hit the dz. Sunday seemed better, but got pretty gloomy by the time we got there, and I only got 2 hop n pops in before they called it quits for the day and sent the rental plane back to (? somewhere).

Our Super Otter will be back next weekend! YAY!!

Angela.