scottjaco

Re: [DrewEckhardt] To/from burning man

I think you should hire a plane to drop you off at Burning Man.....it would be a hell of an entrance! and you wouldn't even have to pay.

There is lots of open space to land your canopy.

My question is why do people go to Burning Man...it sounds like a nightmare.....dust storms...hippies..at least thats what I saw on the Burning Man homepage!

As skydivers...we need to REPRESENT! They should set up a boggie out there....then I would go!

scott

it's called burning sky, and its not so much a boogie but more a series of demo jumps. I would love to go to burning man, not even mentioning burning sky, that'd rock! Have you seen pics of burning man? It looks like a fucking blast man!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

It is.

Go.

I went long before I started skydiving, and now I don't live in the States any more, but it was pretty awesome. A lot more mainstream than you'd think from their promotional material, but still a heck of a lot of weird fun to be had.

The dust storms are part of what's good about it!
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

As a member of Burning Sky, I can safely say that Burning Man is not a good place for a boogie, but it is a great place for demo jumps. there are landing areas away from the main communal areas, but it is more fun to land in the middle of all the action, but also inherently more dangerous (think moving targets, people under the influence, errant kites, randomly placed structures, etc.). if it were a boogie, we'd probably have to enforce a D license limitation.

Burning Man is f-ing cool, it's still just as fun as it was when I first went. Skydiving there is incredible, too. If you want more info, check out www.aerialsoul.com/burningsky

The website is cool but it seems that you have to
belong to this "self important" SKYGOD clique.

Why do I have to contribute anything?
Why are loads only going up to 9,000ft AGL?
Why do I have to do all this other shit beforehand?

Why don't they just call it a Boogie....

I haven't contacted them yet but it seems like you have to pay a shitload of money but you might not be able to jump....the loads are few and far between.

Only people that are important get first priority to jump first. Isn't that a contradiction to the Burning Man philosophy?

This wouldn't happen if they made it into a real boogie! Lets get some otters out there from Perris and set up camp. Nobody will have to pay the $300 entry charge because they'll just drop in from the sky, and leave by plane!

I'm not dissing the group of skydivers...I would just like to see them expand their horizons!

I want to jump at Burning Man without having to Demo anything and not have smoke canisters shooting smoke out of my ass in freefall.

No offense, I think what they are doing is cool, they just need to expand a little!

scott

I had to delete a couple posts on here you guys. Please obey the forum rules of no personal attacks so you won't be banned. This is your warning to chill out.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon