Amazon

Lost Prairie Boogie 2003

The Boogie is fast approaching and as I am planning what to bring and getting it all ready I was just wondering who will be going to the Boogie from DROPZONE.COM this year. I have seen several threads over the past few months but was just curious and what the hell, I need another list to look at.;)

I am driving over from Seattle on Friday the 18th, I had planned to leave earlier but I will be waiting till a couple of friends who are coming along get off on Friday afternoon.

I still have room for one more rider if you want to come along for the drive.

So who is going to Lost Prairie.

Amazon

I was there last week and I can tell you, it is cold at night. Also there are alot of grasshoppers around but they were not a problem. They could be alot bigger by the time the boogie rolls around though.

Hope you have as much fun as I did!
:)

There's an estimate of 30 or so people from the Spokane area. Some are going over for the whole time, but most will be there the second weekend.

Vint
. . . . .
"Make it hard again." Doc Ed

“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free” Nikos Kazantzakis

I was there last week and I can tell you, it is cold at night

Well I just solved the cold issue for camping.. I found a really OLD Truck camper to throw in the back of the truck... so now all I have to do is clean up this $100 Boogie special New Carpet.. mattress.. and off to Lost Prairie on Friday I go.... :)
Amazon

While I am terrified of being eaten alive locust-like by a cloud of grasshoppers... I leave Tuesday Night. Woohoo.

B|

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford Clinic. -Patsy

Unless they have some way of doing it at the DZ I dont know... I have my camera... and Puter.. but they say my cell wont even work from there....it is in the BOONIES..... Will try... but I doubt it...Unless someone brings a Sat uplink internet connection
I dont have one...

Amazon

WOW...

Ok I survived the 10 days of Debauchery in the Dust.

30 jumps in one week....... including

35 way Womens Montana Record... only one woman was out so no new record... this year .

20 way Texas Star that the guys have been trying to get built for the last 5 years there and have always fallen short.....till now.

a 37 way POPS record attempt didnt quite get built but I got to go as a late diver... and I got there to my slot...( I can still fly after all) woohooo.

The lingerie jump was fun to watch..... I am SOOOO glad I refrained from wearing anything skimpy on that jump...... I was demoing a new smaller canopy and the landing was not one of my better attempts.

The lake jumps were interesting.....I will be kind and say no more.

A 100 plus canopy cross country from 13,500 for a sunset load.

Lots and lots of big ways on Mad John loads... learned alot and Mad John likes the fall rate I set for a base.;);)

I got to sing in the Crack choir......got my voice in tune and loosened up with jello shooters supplied by an evil little canadian woman who flew next to me in the base on the womens jump ( gee thanks Ned....I don't drink:)
Got to meet BillVon and Steve1 and Amy and Tall Guy and JumperVint and other people from all over... the Dropzone.com jump never really happened.. but all of us were on various loads with one another all week long. It was really kewl to get to put some faces to the names on this little screen.;)

My generator never worked all week( campmates in Washingtons Camp Cutaway were relieved) so I never did fire up my computer...hence I did not take too many pictures. Lots of others did take them so hopefully we will get a few more posted.

Speaking of Camp Cutaway......of the 11 people in our camp 4 cutaways and 2 more that should have been. I was not one of them.... the packers did a great job and all my openings were nice snivelly openings that I like.

I got to demo a Sabre 2... which in retrospect was not a good thing in no winds and high altitude, I am old and cant run as fast as I used to:$:$but I survived the landing...I will have to try again when I get to FL this winter.

All in all again.. WOW...I will be cleaning dust out of everything I own for the next month.... but it was well worth the trip.. and a good time was had by most who made the trip.

Amazon

Hi!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I got to sing in the Crack choir......got my voice in tune and loosened up with jello shooters supplied by an evil little canadian woman who flew next to me in the base on the womens jump ( gee thanks Ned....I don't drink) ( its ok.. I had loads of fun later.... my mantra for the rest of the nite...... hey I am still standing.... even while watching friends do topless bar dives.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ok - I told you - its not drinking - its Eating Jello - so that makes it OK!!!;)
Besides you had fun! And if I can eat xx amount (don't even want to try to guestimate!) then you can have a few! Sides - I gave you the good purple ones!!!!

Thanks for the kick ass Base on the Woman's Attempt - that totally rocked!

Hope to see you again!

PurpleNed!
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Ok - I told you - its not drinking - its Eating Jello - so that makes it OK!!!

Uh huh.. right....but 12 of those damn things kicked my butt. I think it was about 12.. I lost count.:S:S

Hey.. you weren't a slouch there in the base yourself. Everyone on the record attempt did a really good job... I bet a couple more jumps together and we would have gotten it together. The hard part to believe was two whole jumps... to full altitude.. with a full Skyvan..... and no farts:P:P

I am SOOO glad you are and some of the others are on DZ.Com. I really hate losing touch with people.

Amazon

It was a Montana State Record WOMENS attempt... 33 is the current record... we were going for 35... got 34 in with one out.... 2 planes full of women.....B|

Well there was a couple camera guys on board.. but somehow they managed to refrain too... but then again I did see one of them in a dress later in the evening.

Amazon

:|

I dont have any... there were plenty of cameras around but I dont think any of the DZ. Com types there had them.. I am working on trying to get some from some of the guys from our DZ... at least I will have something before the Boogie video comes out.

Amazon