jceman

30,000' Jumps At Rantoul

Copied from Mike Mullins' post on Wreck Daht

30,000' Jumps, 2' 30" Freefall.

Make a 30,000', 2'30" Freefall from Mike Mullins Super King Air. Military Halo helmets, masks, and bailout bottles supplied. Use your own parachute or a Halo MC4 or MC5 Military system (with AAD) at no extra charge.

Jumper Requirements: 150 jumps, AAD, USPA "C" License or equivalent.

Jumps will be held each morning, Saturday August 2 through Sunday August 10, one load each day, 6 jumpers per load. Jumpers must attend a 1 hour
briefing at 8:00PM the evening before their scheduled jump and must show at 5:30AM the morning of their jump at the King Air tent.

Cost of the jump, including all training and equipment, is $350.00. You must reserve a specific day for your jump.

All training and equipment is supplied by Kevin Holbrook of HaloJumper.com. For more information on the equipment and jump, please see http://www.HaloJumper.com

Contact the WFFC at 217-AAA-JUMP to pay for the jump and reserve your slot.

The 23,000' jumps, 2 Minute Freefall, are available each day from 1:00PM. Cost is $49.00.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Ya need the Class 3 in order to do the chamber ride

My point is that they are not requiring either.

but if they're blowing off the chamber ride requirement, then I don't see why you'd need the Class 3 either.

Well since none of it is "required" that is not my issue. Even if they are not going to require the high altitude awareness class (which they should) at least require a medical as there is definitely a physiological difference at that altitude that can affect the body.

My point is that while the average Aviation Medical Examiner, AME, is well versed in giving Class 3 medicals, unless they're specifically tipped off by the Class 3 questionaire to look out for issues that may be of concern at altitudes requiring oxygen (like you were missing a lung or something), they'd probably let you get the medical. The chamber ride is a much better "gatekeeper" for high altitude stuff than the Class 3.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wanna jump my own gear.. LOL

you have all the assosiated o2 gear????? that's what they are gona suply... you still probly need to bring your rig if ya wnat to tell anyone about your 30k jump....

I'm curious...where does a civilian go to get a chamber ride?

I've only done it in the military.

bikerbabe,

i was wondering the same thing... i am also in the airforce and tried to get a chamber ride when i was stationed at peterson afb last year. they have a chamber there, but because it wasn't the military that was sending me through, i had to call the faa and schedule through them..... wierd i know..............never did get it......

In case you didn't read down the page. From
http://www.halojumper.com/all_the_right_questions.htm#how

"AUGUST - 1st through the 10th we will be at the World Freefall Convention- We will have one load per day (6 slots) at 6:00 am. Price is $350.00 per jumper. Briefings and equipment fittings will be at 8:30 pm after the sunset loads for the next mornings jump. You will NOT need a flight physical. You must complete a waiver and medical info form. The price is a little higher due to the additional costs / fees at the convention. You will receive a certificate documenting your jump and altitude as well as two 8x10s, one of the load and one of yourself. There will be NO practice jumps. We'll be jumping from Cpt. Mike Mullins Super King Air.....See you there. "

Having gone throught the chamber ride, I think it's a mistake to not require a physical or make a practice jump with the equipment. At 25000' in the chamber I was pretty stupid after three minutes.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE