Hooknswoop

National Director Write-ins?

I am filling out my Election 2003-2004 form and there are 12 listed ND candidates. I voted for 5 of them. I have 1 write-in. I need to know who else is running as a ND write-in. Feel free to throw in your opinion of the Write-in too. I need 2 more names.

Interesting that there is only one region w/ two names on the ballot and one region with no names, this isn't counting write-ins. Not much of a choice.

Thanks,

Hook

Say you feel really strong about the candidates you have voted for. But one of them will be a bottom vote getter. By voting for more candidates you may inadvertantly give a deciding vote to someone that you were just "filling in". Do you want that? I don't know of any elections for ND that were decided by one vote. But.....there's always a first time right?

Chris

i also recommend max cohn...an excellent freeflyer and down to earth dude.

Freeflyer, huh? Does that mean we get video of every BOD meeting?

Vote for a "down to earth" dude for the USPA...love the irony in that.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I vote each year,,, and select candidates whose pre election statements might match my way of thinking..... but often I will only choose 3 or 4 from the list.....However I always add the appropriate # of write ins to complete my ballot...
I write in the names of Club members and skydivin'
buddies...... who have constantly shown the right mix , of a helpful attitude, a willingness to pitch in, and the ability to share their love of the sport ..;)
It's done in fun,, but I do let each of them Know, after my ballot, has been mailed,,,
that they DID receive,, at least ONE legitimate vote
for National Director, or Regional Director,,, in a formal USPA election..:$...
It never fails to generate a smile and a handshake, from those friends....:)many of whom have been "toiling in the background"
and promoting the growth of our sport,,,, sometimes for as long as ...decades!!!!!! this a way of sayin' "thanks,, it hasn't gone unnoticed":)

The reason a lot of names are not on the official ballot is the work required as a Regional Director to get your name on the ballot -- I had to get 120 names of jumpers from my region in order to get it on there, and the Mountain Region is one of the smaller ones. I notice that Scott Smith had to get more than 400, but he did it. Jan Meyer has on her Parachute History page a list of people who are running organized write-in campaigns. You can go to it at

http://www.parachutehistory.com/skydive/uspa/elections/

if you are interested in who else is running and why their names didn't appear on the ballot.
l

DJan