BMFin

PISA stops ?

I heard PISA is no longer manufacturing sport parachutes, only military. Is this true ?

kinda, PISA is no more. they are now areodyne sysyems. and there is also a french company that is no more, but are now aerodyne technologies. and then there is still aerodyne research. they have all come together with all the designers to make some really cool shit.

and unfortintally, this also means the hornet, heatwave, and tempo are no longer made. but now aerodyne has the vision, pilot, and smart to replace those, and they also have a new canopy called the amax. the vision is kinda like a heatwave, and solo kinda like a hornet, but both better.

look at www.aerodyne-int.com it tells all about the new canopies.

later

the vision is kinda like a heatwave, and solo kinda like a hornet, but both better.

Well I think you meant that Pilot is similar with Hornet, Vision with HeatWave and Solo with Skymaster?

Atleast while looking their website Solo has exactly same sizes that Skymaster had, and Pilot seems alot like Hornet to me.

Has anyone any information about that A-Max? Looks kinda like Heatwave with H-mod in it.

edit: Oh and PISA actually doesn't stop manufacturing sport parachutes. If I understood correctly, all Aerodyne's parachutes will be manufactured at PISA's factories? So only the name changes...

Do you know what PISA stands for?
Parachute industries of Southern Africa.
They have made all Aerodyne products since 1994.

They are still very much in operation. I ordered risers from them yesterday -04 Feb - and will have them on Monday.

Below is an e-mail I recieved from Ian Bellis.

Hello Eric,

All of our canopies are designed by us at Aerodyne. In the earlier days of the company we also manufactured them ourselves at our Tampa, Florida facility. Later we established a relationship with Strong Enterprises as a contract manufacturer. We now have a similar arrangement with PISA. They manufacture our designs to our specifications as a contract manufacturer.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you for your email.

Blue skies,

Ian Bellis
President
Aerodyne Research Corporation
5613 Interbay Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33611
tel: +1.813.837.1673
fax: +1.813.835.0972

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 9:51 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: The PISA Connection

Are all your canopies made by PISA in South Africa?

Eric Stephenson
It's the year of the Pig.

Do you know what PISA stands for?
Parachute industries of Southern Africa.
They have made all Aerodyne products since 1994.

trust me dude, i've known this for a very long time.;)

and i never said the factory is closed, that name PISA is no more, they are aerodyne systems. they may still be PISA for military, but i don't think so. i don't deal with the military part, just sport.

later