jitsoa33

any HAHO, HALO veterans?

>I think it'd be fun. Where can we go to do it? Depending upon the
>altitude, what medical/other exams are required?

Exiting at 14K and opening at 2K is considered a HALO jump; HALO more refers to use of military gear than it does any specific altitude. Going to 20-22K is common at boogies; there is one DZ (Davis?) that offers high altitude jumps from 30K. You need a chamber ride first, and the training takes a weekend (with several practice jumps.)

Hi Dreamsville,
Billvon is right I think it is Davis that offers the 30,000 ft jumps - I believe it also requires a Class 1A Flight Physical, and it is not cheap. Some years ago - I won't name the DZ to protect the innocent we use to make our final jump of the day a HAHO - high altitude high opening from about 16,000 ft with a 3 second delay before opening. We would then fly under canopy to our favorit watering hole several miles away to catch Happy Hour - the last one in bought the beer (lol). Knowing the wind speed & direction at every 1,000 ft interval and armed with a compass and Alt and a little map reading skill (plot your exit point, and directions turns (on the ground) - you would be surprised how far you can travel. Of coarse the canopy's were a little larger back then also. For a real pucker factor treat you can't beat a night HAHOB|
Cheers

phat, dumb & happy

Nope, I just muddled my way through, only taking the easy way at every turn. You know as well as I do that they give us the fuzzy green girlscout hat when we arrive at Fort Bragg. :P

chuckie

:D Ya know, that last box of cookies you sold me was short one cookie! Luckily, I was still able to lure some skychics my way....:ph34r: