stylin

Sleeping Over

So how far do you have to drive to surf. Do you just drive out there and drive back? If you are so up tight about spending the night away from home then don't go. I don't see how a surfer or a skydiver would have anxiety about sleeping over somewhere.

Believe those who are seeking truth. Doubt those who find it. -Andre Gide

"Most people dont understand why Im fanatic about surfing and think Im a little crazy, but they just dont understand it."

it sounds like we live in the same world of whuffos just different sports

We dont have "whuffos" in surfing, if youre out with everyone else on the waves, you have to deal with the same thing they deal with. You can go from beginner to pro in a matter of seconds, or be crushed, take your pick. If your out with the locals youre just as good as anyone else and get that respect.

Unless, ofcourse, you drop in on somebody. Not something you want to do.

>Besides, sufring & rugby is for guys too afraid to commit to skydiving. Not enough chance for massive internal injury in either one for my taste.

Its not a sport unless you can die of massive internal bleeding.... with a smile on your face :D

Its a lifestyle... some people want to skydive all day, some want to knit all day and others want to snowboard. A while a go I would have given an arm to travel to the best powder all over the world. Now days get me to an airplane and let me out.

For the first week of August look for me at WFFC doing nothing but acting like a pig in mud.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

An hour and a half to screw around before you're ready to drive out? What are ya . . . part girl?

I'm a girl and it doesn't even take me that long to get ready for the dz.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Still, surfing is a lot more popular, so why is that?

Because anyone can buy a surfboard and go out and do it. They might get hurt or whatever, but there are no waivers to sign and the water is free for all to use.

To skydive they aren't just going to let you on a plane, you have to have training and proof of that training. Sure you can go and buy gear, and it will look really cool sitting on your couch at home, cause that is far as it is going to go. Actually call squareone and buy gear, but please ask for Lisa....she will hook you up right. :ph34r:

Please do yourself and your instructors a favor. Don't skydive, cancel your apointment.

I know I know....don't feed the trolls....but I can't help but feed strays. :D

Yeah I take all of 15-20 min to get ready to go to the DZ too.....Derek likes me all sleepy, mussy, sexy in the morning at the DZ....of course I do have little devil horns until he gets me my starbucks and a bagle. :P
Fly it like you stole it!

So how far do you have to drive to surf. Do you just drive out there and drive back? If you are so up tight about spending the night away from home then don't go. I don't see how a surfer or a skydiver would have anxiety about sleeping over somewhere.

6 hours.

No, I stay for 5 days at a time.

Okay, so shoot me. I just didnt see how anyone could be that fanatic about skydiving but I guess yall are. LIke I said, its okay, something else to do thats extreme, but just dont want to go through that much trouble for it. I wouldnt go through too much trouble to go mountain climbing either but I do that every weekend, since the moutains are down the street from where I live and it gets you in great shape.

Please do yourself and your instructors a favor. Don't skydive, cancel your apointment.

:P

I hear you telling me that, but my question is why dont I hear them telling me that? I told the management there I wasnt serious about it and just wanted to go tandem once in a while. I told them the same things Im telling here, then got in this big competitive discussion about surfing vs skydiving and I made it clear I dont want to be a skydiver.

Why isnt that instructor telling me what youre telling me? They dont want me to keep going tandem, they are going to keep talking me into the A license til lhe end of time. I dont even think theyll let me do another tandem-2 unless I purposely flunk it, and if I do, then I get to listen to it.

They keep pushing me towards this A license thing. It cant be about money, they make more on tandem jumps.

Im going to talk to my trainer in SoCal when I get there next week and see what he says. Im going to this one tandem this weekend, then after that I may just stop going back there. That would end this big dilemma.

I dont know if I even want to start hang gliding after this, something makes me think Ill have to deal with that too.

We dont have "whuffos" in surfing, if youre out with everyone else on the waves, you have to deal with the same thing they deal with.

We don't have whuffos IN skydiving either. They are people who have never tried it who say, "what for you jump out of an airplane", kind of like the way you feel about us. They are people who don't understand why we do it or the passion we have. I'm sure there are non-surfers who don't really understand the same about surfing either.

What I don't understand is why you are posting on our boards when you're not really into skydiving. Wouldn't you have more in common with people on the surfing forums?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

"Most people dont understand why Im fanatic about surfing and think Im a little crazy, but they just dont understand it."

it sounds like we live in the same world of whuffos just different sports

I guess I just dont get the point? I'm wondering that if you don't like the idea of waking up with a coyote; bite your arm off?!? yeah?

If you want good conditions in Eloy best to get there early? If you gotta stay on the dz and ride a silly skateboard till you get tired, super! You meet the most awesome people in night-life!!!

If you want to surf and jump, why not just go to Sebastian? The surfing sucks in Eloy (or so I hear) It would be like having your two favorite darlings and have to decide on one in Sebastian.

Besides the trolls are hungry for fresh meat and they will devour you at night in the desert...

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Why isnt that instructor telling me what youre telling me?

Um...Its all about the bling bling, and with out jumpers and especially students (not just tandems), DZ's don't have much bling to trick out their jump planizzos.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Silly skateboard?

Let me fill you in on something, Practically every surfer akateboards for balance training, and thats not silly if you plan on not falling every 5 seconds. That is the best and most accepted way to get balance training if you cant surf every day, so I do it every time I get a chance, because it takes that much practice. If I go to the swimming pool, to pick up mail, whatever, I use it for transportation just to get in that much more balance training.

Surfing is very difficult and you cant get enough. I would hardly call that silly, I know people older than I am who skateboard. And its pretty good excersise since it works out your legs, much more fun than "running" or the step machine.

I was thinking of going there to Sebastian, still thinking about it. Think its worth the trip from AZ?

I skated for 10 years and surfed for 7 surfing so this may blow your mind but I quit so could dedicate my time to skydiving. If you had any true understanding of "source" you'd realise that there's just as much as skill and lifestyle changing aspects involved in both sports. Of course nothing you've displayed here leads me to believe that you are capable of truely understanding anything.

Troll somewhere else.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Why do you want to skydive? If its just a cheap extreme thrill... don't go get on a plane. If your not doing it to enjoy the air, to play with the clouds and to fly with out a plane just do your self a favor and stay on the ground. Hearing you talk about people getting mad when you don't exit right... guess what the student can kill a tandem instructor very rapidly if they have the wrong body position at exit.

If your focused into surfing save the time and money to go to wave pools or the gym.

Skydiving is'nt just a cheap thrill... respect it or it will rise up and smack thee into the ground and turn your body into a nice collection of broken bones.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I skated for 10 years and surfed for 7 surfing so this may blow your mind but I quit so could dedicate my time to skydiving. If you had any true understanding of "source" you'd realise that there's just as much as skill and lifestyle changing aspects involved in both sports. Of course nothing you've displayed here leads me to believe that you are capable of truely understanding anything.

Troll somewhere else.

Ian

You should try giving yourself that kind of advice. Only a "quitter" quits, get my drift??? When you "quit" skydiving, what do you plan on doing then? You go "troll" somewhere else.

I can only laugh at your stupidity. I mean really, the fact that I chose to do something other than your precious surfing only enrages you. I'm actually glad that I have no idea how your infantile mind works.

You are boring. Simple as that. Conversation ended.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

I was joking, but basically (and seriously), the DZ needs your money, tandem, student or otherwise, so of course they're going to tell you to jump. It IS a business, after all.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I can only laugh at your stupidity. I mean really, the fact that I chose to do something other than your precious surfing only enrages you. I'm actually glad that I have no idea how your infantile mind works.

You are boring. Simple as that. Conversation ended.

Ian

Bye.

We dont have "whuffos" in surfing, if youre out with everyone else on the waves, you have to deal with the same thing they deal with. You can go from beginner to pro in a matter of seconds, or be crushed, take your pick. If your out with the locals youre just as good as anyone else and get that respect.

LOL. We call them "Kooks." And if you believe Tourmaline is world class, you haven't been up to north county much. Hell, Black's is right down to road! I don't want to burst your bubble, but if you haven't been competing since you were fifteen you have a pretty tough road ahead. Most of the touring pros have started out competing in NSSA and are now veterans in their 20's. You mentioned major sponsorships previously, then you might want to start out with the local surfshops. (I'm not sure how many they have in Arizona.) If they won't sponsor you, that might be a sign. So, best of luck to you. You cannot really compare surfing with skydiving. I also seriously doubt that you can go from beginner to pro in a matter of seconds. Locals can spot a kook a mile away. I've seen many a kook paddle out at Beacon's wearing a fullsuit in summer time with their 5'6" twin fin.:D

I was joking, but basically (and seriously), the DZ needs your money, tandem, student or otherwise, so of course they're going to tell you to jump. It IS a business, after all.

So Im not understanding, why wont they just let me keep making the tandem-2 jumps? Im sure they do need the money, so what is the deal? Oh, I didnt mention, they said Im expected to complete the A license in 3 months. So I ask, why not 4 or 5, is that regulated? They say no, but I need to complete it in 3 and go there several times a week.

What is the big rush? Do you have any idea of what the hell is up with that?

If you're not really serious about skydiving, why are you doing it?

In the womens forum, he told us that he didn't pass his second static line jump at Eloy, because he couldn't find his ripcord.

Eloy != StaticLine != Ripcord.

Do the math.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Surfing is very difficult and you cant get enough. I would hardly call that silly, I know people older than I am who skateboard.

Substitute surfing and skateboarding for skydiving. If you dont get it than go and surf. Im sure eloy isnt twisting your arm to stay there. Walk away. Be a man and do a tandem and go to the coast to do what you love.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

If you're not really serious about skydiving, why are you doing it?

In the womens forum, he told us that he didn't pass his second static line jump at Eloy, because he couldn't find his ripcord.

Eloy != StaticLine != Ripcord.

Do the math.

_Am

Speaking of the Women's Forum -- did you see his latest antics over there?

This oxygen thief made repeated posts (unwanted and unwarranted) to the extent that SkyBytch first warned him, then locked him out. He then posted under his "other" username, so Lisa deleted the content of that post; finally he registered a third username!:o

HH said enough was too much, permanently locked out his original username and the third and told him to watch his ass or it would not be welcome here at all.>:(

How to win friends and influence people.:S

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Very good points, Jack. I've been reading his stuff, and this thread really made me grin.

Eloy and Static Line, Surfing while he lives in Phoenix, not wanting to stay in a coed bunkhouse, ect.

I give him/her/it 4 1/2 stars.

A good troll. Much better than I have read in years, but lacking the over-the top-ness of Nipplboy.

He would have only gotten 3 stars but damn, he hooked 3/4ths or more of the regular posters in just this one thread!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1