Katzeye

Would you jump with someone you suspected of being high?

If someone suspected you, would you be OK with being grounded?

I'm an odd girl, prone to spaced-out periods. I've had people ask me if I'm high, and I don't smoke pot.

I would be highly irritated to be cut from a load, or worse, branded a drug user, when I haven't been using.

exactly.

and with all the people who have already mindlessly repeat some of the misguided, outdated & erroneous propaganda it seems like its rather likely that they might make this mistake simply because they dont know the personalities involved..

you'd better have alot more information than your "suspicion" before you make an accusation like that.

you'd better have alot more information than your "suspicion" before you make an accusation like that.

Man, you're high (pun intended) if you think people will wait for more info before squeeeling
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Hi Bill,

I'm CI at my DZ.

To quote PASA BSR's

"A CI/SO or SJO may prevent any individual from participating in sport parachuting activities under his supervision, if in his opinion the individual constitutes a threat to the safe conduct of the activity."

So at my DZ, it doesn't matter what other people's opinions are. I've been skydiving for 18 years, and my position at the club is
a) elected, and
b) unpaid

so if members are not happy with the way things run they can vote me out at the next AGM. Also in SA, I can be held PERSONALLY responsible for an incident... which gives me more leeway than I suspect you would have in the US. This is not a business. I'm not here for profit.

I've never had a problem with any DZ anywhere in the world, ever, and I don't think that they have had a problem with me.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

As An avid drug user, I know most of these symptoms to be true for the drugs listed.

However it varies from person to person (tolerance etc), usually if you u know the person it's easier to tell if they are UTI (oh God how i love an acronym). The eyes usually tell the story with ne substance, however I know this only from experience not training.

Back to the question: no, i wouldnt jump with them. 2nd I'd speak to them first b4 i went to any authority.

Laterz

>I've never had a problem with any DZ anywhere in the world, ever,
> and I don't think that they have had a problem with me.

Right, and it's great that you're CI - I was S+TA at Brown for two years. I was referring to what you said:

"Never - and if I suspected it - I would ground them. All I need is an opinion."

As an S+TA (and more often as an organizer) I've often heard people say shit about other people. "Oh, that guy's an idiot. He's probably a pothead." I disregard those opinions. If I had _good_evidence_ (i.e. I saw them smoking, or smelled beer on their breath) then I wouldn't jump with them, but quite often, all you have is secondhand info - and that's not enough.

I think it's important to have good evidence, because someday someone may have heard a rumor about me (or you) - and I think you'd be pretty mad if you were grounded by someone else's opinion. I know I would be.