Rdutch

One hundred Sixty three and all is well

That is the Number of jumps I did in the past ten day's. I bought beer, I did my 2000th jump, thursday, and was part of a new unofficial 4way record for the most team Jumps in a day (43). It was a great 10 day's, The Norgies are an awesome team, and they are fun to film, they have a lot of chemistry. Here is the score

10 Days
4 mini Dv tapes
815 Pack jobs/ openings/ landing's
No cutaways linetwists ect.
One hundred and sixty three jumps (The team did 2 more, but I won't jump in 30 mph winds).

But It was fun as Hell!!!

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Holy moses. Sounds nearly impossible. How on earth did you manage 43 jumps in one day?? If my calculator does not fool me and if you had say 12 hours to jump in, this would mean one jump every 16.7 minutes (!?) - non stop all day including packing, toilet and food break. How do you do that if you also need the plane to get to altitude :S? If these guys were doing 4-way training, I would assume they were going for altitude, so which plane did you use and how many packers and how many rigs per person??? Sounds just so impossible. Please tell us more.

---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Holy moses. Sounds nearly impossible. How on earth did you manage 43 jumps in one day?? If my calculator does not fool me and if you had say 12 hours to jump in, this would mean one jump every 16.7 minutes (!?) - non stop all day including packing, toilet and food break. How do you do that if you also need the plane to get to altitude :S? If these guys were doing 4-way training, I would assume they were going for altitude, so which plane did you use and how many packers and how many rigs per person??? Sounds just so impossible. Please tell us more.

We were averaging a 12 minute turn around. We took off in the dark. The Plane was a Skydive Delands new -34 Pilatus Porter and we were exiting from 5'000 ft. We got a break every 12th to 13th load for about 8 minutes, when the Plane had to fuel. 2 Rig's per person, and two of the fastest packer's around. Oh yeah they had a closer help them. It was all exit training, also the Norgie girls team did 38 jumps with us. We would have gotten the 50 we were trying for, but One of the team members knee was bothering him, he was so intent on doing the 50 he was landing next to the boarding area and paid someone to carry his rig to the packer's and bring him his other rig.

Ray

How are you doing physically?
Sore? Tired?

I am the most sore I have ever been in my whole life, I have found muscles that are sore I didn't even know exist. Tired? Extremely, mostly from all the running on the ground, the skydiving part was the easy part, I learned a lot about stretching before you train, it makes a huge difference. After a long hot soak and a nice Massage, I feel a lot better.

Ray

I learned a lot about stretching before you train, it

From what I've read, it seems that stretching after you workout/train/etc is more beneficial than beforehand.

think that may be true for an aerobic workout at the family fitness center...
But if contact or adrenaline is involved, ya gotta pull the muscles out yourself...
or your body will take a lot of unnecessary injury.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

But if contact or adrenaline is involved, ya gotta pull the muscles out yourself...

Stretching afterwards relieves tension in muscles and tendons and prevents the build up of lactic acid (which I believe is the reason for some soreness.) Skydiving is not aerobic by any means, but the same reasons for stretching apply to any physical activity (weight training, walking, even gardening if that is physical for you.)

But, that is way off topic. Congrats on the many many jumps in 10 days, Ray! That is awesome! I won't jump much more than that in an entire year!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Stretching afterwards relieves tension in muscles and tendons and prevents the build up of lactic acid (which I believe is the reason for some soreness.) Skydiving is not aerobic by any means, but the same reasons for stretching apply to any physical activity (weight training, walking, even gardening if that is physical for you.)

But, that is way off topic. Congrats on the many many jumps in 10 days, Ray! That is awesome! I won't jump much more than that in an entire year!

actaully you should do both.... stretching after a light warm up gets your body ready, and after word helps cool down... a massage is pretty good too! fast 4way is pretty aerobic, too (especially the running to catch the next load part... :)