QuickDraw

Most Efficient 4-Way ?

Just looking for a good 4-way plan for my Cat10 (FS1) any suggestions ?
I only ask because i don't want to be told afterwards i picked the most difficult set. ;)

I am using Section 5-3.2 of the USPA's competition manual (part-1) as a guide btw.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Hmmm i did this about 2 weeks ago and whilst not knowing how efficient it is I can try and describe what I did cos I cant remeber all the names!

K i was inside front dive exit, with an arm grip on the rear outside floater(?) and leg grip on the front outside floater(?) Thus as we came out I was facing 90 degrees to the line of flight.

I worked continuously with my FS1 instructor whilst the other two guys just added on.

So first move from here

1 2
3 4

The top left 1 is my instructor the 4 is me. Grips were my left arm to instructors left arm and my right arm to 2's left leg.3 Had my left leg in his left hand and 1's right hand had 3's left leg and 2 had 1 left leg in left hand. (hope this makes sence :S).

So first move I turn 30 degrees right and take up arm grips with 2 who faces me. 3 and 1 take up leg grips at 90 degrees to us.

3 1

4 >
Then I turn left 180 and we make a square. Taking one grip on 3 with right arm on his right.

Then I turn left 90 facing out and we make Pahalanx (?) I think.
Then I turn 120 Left to original formation, and go through it again. we got 8 opints in cos I got brain lock on the first turn left 90 to face out.

LOL dont kno if this makes any sense at all but it was easy because I always worked with the instructor and as I say the other 2 just filled in!! I havent developed the film yet or I would have posted pics sorry [:/]

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

I agree with exiting in the meeker. Very stable as everyone has at least two points of contact. Inside guys have three. I would say meeker, donut, stairstep diamond, bow. Meeker to donut is easy. Tell everyone to just pass their left hand through the centerpoint and the transition is right there. Good luck.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

4 point 4 way?

E J O B

Meeker - Donut - Satelite - Stairstep diamond.

All the transitions are quick and require less than than 90 degrees of turn. A dive like this you should be able to bust out 10-15 pts no problem.

--
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I

For easiest I'd leave out the donut. They can be problematic for people who aren't used to centerpoint turns/sidesliding yet. Round/meeker/open accordion/zigzag is pretty simple and lets everyone remain pretty much infacing; most moves are driving forward, and most can be 'cheated' (i.e. if you pick up the hand grip on the outside of the meeker first and then swing your leg in, it still works - even if that's not the right way to do it.)

Addition from Amy (who is a Quincy tent 4 organizer) - round, followed by a few rotating opposed diamonds, is also really easy, and doesn't require too much motion away from the initial slot. Mainly it's 90 degree turns in place.

What they all said. Plus try and arrange to do it with 3/4 of the Spanish national team (Santi, Felix and Juli). Then you can bullshit people for years to come about the time you made 16 points with 'the lads', discreetly omitting any mention of the fact that a sack of cement would probably have made 20. Best to omit video, too, to avoid future revelations of the gormless look of rapt concentration as they tow you round the sky, followed by shock and surprise as they tip you end over end at 5,000'.

All the above purely theoretical of course, and no reflection on *my* qualifying jump.

Regards
John midgley

Isn't the FS1 dive plan fixed? Star - satellite - zigzag - star.

I was not made aware of that, and did ask, i was told i have to arrange a 4 point 4-way dirt dive it and perform it.
I will have to make sure when i get there to be on the safe side.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning