JoriT

Newbie with some issues-Help

Newbie having issues. I have gone thru student program, and have 24 jumps, I do not have my license. My home dz is no longer a USPA group member, although they were and are still operating. Can I still continue working towards getting my A license at this dz? Anybody know. Also, on a personal note, my roommate and full time sweety is about to step out on his own with respect to employment, and in turn, I feel I need to refrain from skydiving until the dust settles, as the house is mine, car is mine, ect (he never once asked me to stop). This is truly breaking my heart. I have all my gear finally, and it is just sitting collecting cat fur. Anybody have some advice on how to handle this. I know I can't possibly be the only person this ever happened too. My co-workers cannot take any more of my crying at my desk.

Can't help with the license question.

With respect to taking a break from skydiving, why don't you do just 1 jump a month? It's not the best but it's something.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

Amen to that - thats what I've been doing for the past four months because of a bum knee, that and the fact that I'm way to lazy to get my b, c and d licenses (i think its about time)...

It aint much, but like firecat said, it is something more than you had b4 u started jumping...

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Funny thing is most non GM DZ's still have handfuls of USPA rated coaches and JM's around. I know of 2 non GM DZ's that just don't want to get in the DZ politics that the USPA seems to breed.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I'm a bit confused as to why you would feel compelled to stop skydiving just because your SO is looking for work? You said that the house and car were yours... is your partner helping you pay those off? If he is, and you're still short on cash, I understand why you might want to slow down on your jumping... but if this person has a free ride thing going on, don't you believe it is part of a relationship to pay for things together? Besides, when you get your license, jumps are going to start getting cheaper. Just something to think about.

When walking up to an officer, it is not advisable to say, "Trick or Donut." Seriously.

Skykitten, Skykitten, Skykitten, there is no free ride here, everything is down the middle, however, I think it is just as important to support your SO, he wants to get his business off the ground, and I want to support him in that. If he makes it great, if he doesn't, then at least we still have a house. Thanks for the concern, but there is no "getting taken advantage of" here.

I'm a bit confused as to why you would feel compelled to stop skydiving just because your SO is looking for work?

I read her post to say that her SO is becoming self-employed, and that will affect the realiability of his income.
Wise to think ahead, it's hard enough to become self-employed without added financial stress. BUT as a skydiving addict myself, I know the pain you're in at the thought of abstaining. Is taking a second job an option? The only way I can keep jumping is by doing an extra 10-15 hours a week at a part-time job.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

This is truly breaking my heart. I have all my gear finally, and it is just sitting collecting cat fur. Anybody have some advice on how to handle this.

Put your gear in a closet and keep the door locked. That should keep the cat out, unless (s)he is really smart. No thanks necessary. I'm the idea guy.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

:$
I am firing myself. That's what I get for trying to hold a conversation with a real life person and read a post on here at the same time.
Sorry about that.
With new perspective, a bashful grin, and one foot sticking out of my mouth (minus two toes, as I am a bit hungry) I think it's great that he's starting his own business and even more wonderful that you're supporting him.
Best wishes, hope you guys make it gangbusters and you can jump all you want, and I'll go be quiet in the corner now. :S

When walking up to an officer, it is not advisable to say, "Trick or Donut." Seriously.