rushmc

Packing a Sabre2 Thank You

OK, I may take it in the shorts for this but I had to come here anyway and say "Thanks". Why? Well, over a year ago I bought a brand new Sabre2. I even read the owner manual and it quite clearly said not to roll the nose when packing. Well, I could not talk myself into packing it without rolling the nose.[:/]
Now nothing serious has happened packing it rolling the nose, but the openings were not as consistent as I would have liked and I have had some 1400 + foot openings:o (They were very soft!:ph34r:)
So, after reading many posts here, re-reading the owners manual and saying to myself I can still learn to trust information from others, I worked (slowly) toward just pushing the nose back and not rolling it!
What happened? Well, I have been experiencing very consistent on heading openings! Imagine that, the manufacture (and a lot of you all) knows how it is supposed to work:o

Anyway, information shared here has helped me in more ways that I can say, not just for packing, so "Thanks"
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why is everybody mentioning the Sabre all the time? It's kinda strange, because they're making so many canopies - Vengeance, Velocity, Stiletto and whatnot. Is the Sabre/Sabre2 so much better than the other PDs?

Why is everybody mentioning the Sabre all the time? It's kinda strange, because they're making so many canopies - Vengeance, Velocity, Stiletto and whatnot. Is the Sabre/Sabre2 so much better than the other PDs?

Vengeance, Velocity and Stiletto are all canopies for more advanced canopy pilots while the Sabres and even Spectres are good for people learning how to fly a canopy. I'm sure I could handle a Spinetto or maybe even the Vengeance, but I'm not ready for the x-braced Velocity.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

_______________________________________________________-
It's PD's bread and butter canopy and it's not better than the others, it's there middle of the road 9 cell.

Vengeance, Velocity and Stiletto are all canopies for more advanced canopy pilots while the Sabres and even Spectres are good for people learning how to fly a canopy. I'm sure I could handle a Spinetto or maybe even the Vengeance, but I'm not ready for the x-braced Velocity.

To add I can swoop much farther on a saber2 than I ever could on a same size stilletto, to add I have 700 jumps on a stilletto, and maybe 45 on a saber2.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

just pushing the nose back and not rolling it! What happened? Well, I have been experiencing very consistent on heading openings!

So true! I also bought a new Sabre2 last year and I used to roll the nose a bit just like my co-jumpers did with their Sabres (should I say Sabre 1's?). Quite often this resulted in openings starting with a steep turn and, although rarely, even linetwists,

After reading the posts here I started to pack as suggested. No more rolling the nose and the openings became soft, on-heading and consistant! I might add that today I even skip pushing the nose back and just leave it hanging!

"When everything else fails, read the manual!" ;)

Blue ones!
---
P.
"It Hurts to Admit When You Make Mistakes -
But When They're Big Enough, the Pain Only Lasts a Second."

Vengeance, Velocity and Stiletto are all canopies for more advanced canopy pilots while the Sabres and even Spectres are good for people learning how to fly a canopy.

Careful, there. I know a few jumpers with 10,000+ jumps, flying Spectres. I also know people who were jumping Stilletos before they got licensed and "knew" how to fly the canopy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To add I can swoop much farther on a saber2 than I ever could on a same size stilletto, to add I have 700 jumps on a stilletto, and maybe 45 on a saber2.

Ray

Blue Skies (yeah its boring but oh well)

Yep... during my selection process this winter, I spoke to many experienced pilots and they said the same. I even called PD and one of their testing pilots (well known fella ;) ) told me that it was his favorite canopy for playing.

Of course I also tried it for myself... my new S2 will be arriving this weekend. :)
Cheers,
CanEHdian
Time's flying, and so am I...
(69-way, 108-way and 138/142-way Freefly World Records)