Skylark

New Chat Room!

http://chat.msn.com/chatroom.msnw?rm=Dropzone&cat=II&lang=1&codeconduct=on&des=For+skydivers+and+BASE+Jumpers&welcome=Welcome&loc=EN-GB&newroom=1

You will need to have an MSN passport. If the link doesn't work then it means the room has closed. Is this a good idea? Comments welcome.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Is this a good idea ? nope, it's not. Here's why:
First you got to have a Passport account.
Second is you got to install this chat applet which means you got to shut down your browser and start it over again.
Third is there is this blazing huge fuqing ad flashing on the top of the screen.
And fourth... I was there and it was empty. At least if I go to the dz.com chatroom I can talk to slappie or his bot. Plus I can use mIRC with it and don't hassle with the web software.

Nice try, please come again. :)

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

First, yes, you have to have a hotmail address, but most peope have that anyway. It's not an 'account' at all and you dont have to fill in anything, you just sign in with your hotmail address and password.

Second, you also have to install a chat applet with the dropzone chat room and no you dont have to shut down your browser and start again.

Thirst, the 'blazing huge fuqing(sic) ad flashing at the top of the screen' is called a 'banner ad' and it's not different in size than the one on the dropzone forum page.

Fourth, if it was empty, why did you leave? You missed all the people that arrived after you who you could have chatted with. All you have to do is not close the browser window and you'll be notified as soon as someone else enters the room.

Doh! Try again...

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Sorry, I prefer IRC, cause like others I don't need to get another email that will sell my real email adress to spam companys, and I don'thave to use a web based client which is slow compared to the IRC client.
Fly it like you stole it!

Sorry, I prefer IRC, cause like others I don't need to get another email that will sell my real email adress to spam companys, and I don'thave to use a web based client which is slow compared to the IRC client.

Exactly. If I cant use mIRC on my XP machine or BitchX on my Linux box to get there then I won't go there.

That's why I like Slappie's link. If you don't want to use the cheesy Java app you can backdoor in through the IRC server.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Phree, I have been unable to connect to the dz.com chat address. I think I tried it once with the Black Ice firewall turned off, but I will try again. It looks like it wants to talk on port 7000.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

BitchX on my Linux box .

Ohhhh....say it again.....say it again.... *drool*

BitchX! So...here's the real test to see if we'll last....are you a KDE or a Gnome kind of girl?;)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

BitchX on my Linux box .

Ohhhh....say it again.....say it again.... *drool*

BitchX! So...here's the real test to see if we'll last....are you a KDE or a Gnome kind of girl?;)

You mean there is something else than a command line shell :P.

I've never actually used Gnome, although I should try it since it's made by the GNU peeps. When I built my last Linux box (Mandrake) I used KDE and never thought about it again. Plus, with my linux box in TX I'll have to wait till I build one up here which could be awhile, and we use sunblades at work so that always keeps things interestings, especially when you forget which command goes to which box.
Fly it like you stole it!