Skylark

What is this guy saying?

great clip, a? all these exits, mid-air canopy flights with smoke and holly shamolly landings, just can't get enough of it! in fact, i only have 5 clips on my HD (the rest are on 3 cds), this one, the crosswind trailer, 8manparasemester (or something like that), padli2 and sipa-team promo video

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

I don't got sound on my workstation here at work, but I'll try to dig this up again when I get home.

BTW. Skywalkers will be giving freefly instruction at Østre Æra, Norway from june 2nd-15th

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well, those Norwegians talk funny (I am Danish and normally can understand Norwegian) :D. If I got it right, it looks like a low pull and the jumper is gone straight for reserve. The guy on the ground asks him something and the reply is difficult to understand, but could be something about getting to low. The camera guy then clearly says "I saw you both" and "you made the right decision" and checks if the cypres has fired and he comments "its fine" probably meaning it has not. Main is clearly still in container and you can see that the main risers are attached to the 3-ring. So from that I think it is simply a freefly jump gone too low and the guy activated the reserve. Nice video by the way.

---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

well, i'm sure someone with greater knowledge will explain this more precisely, but as i see it, if someone has a Cypress on his rig that is activated, and somehow get's low, it is allways better to open the reserve than to risk to have 2 parachuttes out - if somehow the main chute doesn't open before the activation altitude of the aad and if the speed is fast enough, the aad will cut the reserve loop thus opening the reserve

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

1) CyPReS might fire giving 2 out

2) What if you dump your main out at 1000 feet, only to have it snivel and mal? Or baglock? :S

In relation to your second point, why cant a reserve snivel or mal?

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

Reserves are designed and packed differently in order to open much faster using less altitude. They have a more simple design and have free bag, wide bridel etc. etc. and packed by a rigger very carefully so that it does not mal (at least much less likely then a main). Do you jump? If you are a skydiver you should know this....
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

I do jump but I wasn't taught that during AFF ground school. Neither was I taught to pull silver if I go low. Every day I log on here I learn something else that will save my life if the need arises that I wasn't taught during AFF...very worrying. Any Norwegians able to solve the video conundrum yet? Hurry up :)

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

When you are down to your last chance don’t you want to use your best chance.

Reserves are unlikely to snivel (the nose is fully exposed to the air stream), bag locks are very unlikely as well, and mals are almost unheard of if you are jumping within the specifications of the manufacturer, (weight and speed).

Sean

Norwegians doesn't talk funny. The danish do :P

Here's the conversation:
Video: Excelent
Skydiver: well...
video: I saw both of you. A correct decision. What about the cypress?
Skydiver: It was open over 1000'
Video: It's ok. Fucking good
Skydiver: Then I got a packjob to to later.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.