chuteless

an idea for a unique jump SW USA

Here is an idea for a jump which I dont think has been done before. Someone in Arizona,Utah, Colorado or New Mexico could get it done, and it would ( I think ) be a first. Lets say you are based in Arizona, and you taker off and climb to about 10,000 ft. You jump and opening your chute right away. You fly across the State line, do a left turn and go into Colorado, and then another left turn and into Utah, and one final turn would bring you back into Arizona. Thus, you have made one jump covering flying through four different states. You might even get a second time around. This can only be done in one spot within the USA...the four state corners of the states named. Whoever does it first...gets the recognition. I had thought of doing it about 20 yrs ago, but I dont think I ever will, so why not YOU. Good luck.

I dont think anything like that has been done before. It would be best to have a person at the site of the four corners, so he can confirm you actually went around the pilon. It would be dificult to do after dark. But even indaylight, it woukld be a great entry for your log book. BILL

A couple of guys from my DZ took off from france, and intended to land there, but (due to some great spotting) ended up in belgium :)

Try getting into france walking, with a parachute on your back, saying you lost your passport (a few years ago, when border patroll still was active)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

A couple of guys from my DZ took off from france, and intended to land there, but (due to some great spotting) ended up in belgium :)

Try getting into france walking, with a parachute on your back, saying you lost your passport (a few years ago, when border patroll still was active)

BWAAHAAH! that sounds like a SKREAMER spot!
My photos

My Videos

The Four corners area is all a National Parrk so to do a skydive above it you'd have to declare it as a demo and get the NPS to sign the permits. This is the same NPS that chases base jumpers off their land so good luck.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Johnny: that sounds good , but only if you log the time you left the aircraft and the time you landed. Good idea though. As for the 4 corners being a national park...since when did jumpers ask permission? i.e. base jumpers from towers etc. I live too far away...thats why I never pursued it. Another good jump would be over the Dead Sea, near Jordan...you could actually do a pull and clear exiting below Sea Level. Neat eh?