funks

How much longer are you grounded????

2 months for me already with about 3-4 months to go. Motorcycle accident July 4th, destroyed every ligament in my right knee...sucks...still praying for rain every weekend (I am such a bastard!)...perhaps if we get enough of us grounded people praying for rain on weekends then it might actually happen and none of us will miss any jumping time (once again, yes, I am a bastard!!)

I was grounded for 2 1/2 months...broke my fibula on landing!

2 1/2 months! Oh I don't want to hear this, I broke my fibula in 2 places 3 weeks ago Monday and my doctor is making me wear the damn boot for another 3-4 weeks. The first doctor said 3 weeks, and then the second adds 3 more. He's not lying to me is he! I'm dying already...worst case for me is to go in again and be told it's going to be longer. No, no, no, I don't want to hear this. I refuse to cry damn it.

Glad your back in the air though.

Blue Skies and Soft Landings.

Only 7 weeks which makes me a rookie compared to you guys. Hope to jump after 10/4 and shake the rust off for the 20 ways on the 11th.

I told the PT she was hurting me this morning and she said "Good!" I think she likes her work to much.
;)

Blue skies,

Jim

4 months since breaking my back...hopefully be back in another 2 months at least (or over a year if i decide to wait till I get all the metal out of me [:/])

I've realised how boring the DZ is during the day if you're not jumping...I only go down on shitty days now B|

Two and a half weeks so far with possibly six months to go>:( I damaged my right knee as well - on a tip-toe landing!! It just snapped, literally. I heard it! Hopefully it won't be that long. It sure seems to go by slowly right now!

--
A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. -Oliver Wendel Holmes

Don't worry!!

When I said 2 1/2 months I meant that was the time between when I got injured and when I returned to the sport. My accident was on July 1st....I jumped again on September 15th! I wasn't in a cast the whole time!!!!

1) first 3 weeks in a plaster cast w/ crutches
(No surgery needed..THANK GOD!)
2) another 3 weeks in a walking cast (fiberglass cast)

3) 1 month of streatching and jogging on the treadmill (doctors orders) to make sure I got my range of motion back. Although the bone was healed in only six weeks....it takes longer for the muscles to streatch and regain their strength.

I could have come back sooner but I didn't want to take any chances.

When I came back...I did my first 2 jumps on a sabre2 190 before downsizing back to my Sabre150.

I got super cautious....bought a Cypres 2, Protrack and a hooknife since I had the fear of GOD in me now!

Good Luck with your recovery....how did you break your fibula anyway???

scott

how did you break your fibula anyway???

Hard landing. I posted it here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=643026;search_string=search_string;#643026

In the post I referenced my Level 5 jump even though it was only Level 4 (realized after looking at my logbook, doh!). Guess I landed harder than I thought!

I haven't jumped in almost a month now. The airport board shut down the jump operation at the place I usually jump. Also cold weather is coming soon to Montana. So I'm hoping to at least jump at Perris or Eloy some time this winter. It's the shit's waiting. I need to move:(......Steve1