DangerMouse02

Jumping in a Costume

Its not exactly safe to do a jump with a pumpkin on your head. Especially for a demo...it is easily dropped. Trust me, been there, done that, didn't drop it, almost did.

Smirn*ff Ice distributed pumpkin helmets last year for halloween, but it's soft and safe. Hope I can jump mine this year
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

Alright, the costume has been decided: The British Icon--Dangermouse (and my DZ.com username)

Attached is a photo. What I need from you guys is recommendations about how to best accomplish this. Here's what I was thinking:

+White tights.
+White shorts over my leg straps (anyone see a problem here, I put the rig on and it looked safe enough)
+Red Belt over all this
+White Turtle Neck with the logo painted on.
+Eye patch (with tactical hole cut in it) glued to a cheap pair of goggles. I will probably remove these after opening.
+Mickey Mouse ears painted white, taped like hell to my helmet. (still, not sure if these will stay on, and you KNOW Dangermouse is freeflier, head-up at the very least)
+Normal white gloves
+White face paint with the red nose.

Any advice/concerns?

Brian

Alright, the costume has been decided: The British Icon--Dangermouse (and my DZ.com username)

Attached is a photo. What I need from you guys is recommendations about how to best accomplish this. Here's what I was thinking:

+White tights.
+White shorts over my leg straps (anyone see a problem here, I put the rig on and it looked safe enough)
+Red Belt over all this
+White Turtle Neck with the logo painted on.
+Eye patch (with tactical hole cut in it) glued to a cheap pair of goggles. I will probably remove these after opening.
+Mickey Mouse ears painted white, taped like hell to my helmet. (still, not sure if these will stay on, and you KNOW Dangermouse is freeflier, head-up at the very least)
+Normal white gloves
+White face paint with the red nose.

Any advice/concerns?

Brian

Oh..that brings back memories. DM was one of my favorites. Make sure to get pics of the jump!

And why take the blindfold off after opening? Why even where the thing in freefall? Stuff it in your pants and put it on as soon as you land...
If it's a pic in free fall you want, just paint a patch slightly smaller than your real patch over your eye.

Cool dude!
Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

just paint a patch slightly smaller than your real patch over your eye.

Good idea, paining it on will allow it to be bigger than a real eye patch also.

Any ideas about attaching the ears to my bonehead? I hope there isn't ear-line entanglement.

Hmmmnn.....If Ross Perot were a skydiver........

-------------------------------
-------------------------------

I had a buddy who once put a pair of jogging pants on over his rig because he had just had it 'cleaned' and wanted to try and keep it clean. Well during freefall/opening they slid down over his ankles. He ended up having to plf and got everything dirty in the end. (It was a funny site to see him trying to pull them up under canopy as he floated by). But that is the only thing i would consider with the white shorts. Since their shorts you probably would be able to kick them off pretty easily. Hope this helps

Pineappe Death Juice, If you have to ask you'd rather not know!