Yoshi

jump number 500

well I have 497 now and plan to do jump 500 this weekend.. any fun suggestions? I am also planning on getting my tandem rating soon...I have all qualifications accept the jump numbers at this point.. here is a question for you professional tandem masters.. how much $$ on average do you make per year??? luckily I am married to a sugar momma that is keen on the idea of me being an instructor, but I want to have some kind of income to show for my work... I know it isnt the most lucritive position, just curious on average what you folks are making on average..

-yoshi

Income? Not enough to cover my fun jumping expenses :D

Full time TM's with the experience to work 7 days a week might make $10000-15000 a year if they know how to pack too. I made about $1500 this year doing tandems and spent over $5000 on Fun jumps B|

With pay ranging from $20-35 per jump and the average TM doing about 7-10 jumps a day on the weekend and about 1 to 4 in the week you better like Ramen noodles if you have any bills at all that you have to pay.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I fugured as much that it would be close to that...especially in the first few years when people dont know how good I amB|... but like I said my wife is keen on it and she brings home the real bacon...so once I get a few things in line it may not be that bad... how could jumping for a living be bad anyways???
-yoshi

yeah that sounds kinda fun...but you know me I mainly freefly, so it would be a shame to be the one that goes low on a big way on my 500th!

maybe we can put together a nice hybrid..;)

-yoshi

how much $$ on average do you make per year??? I know it isnt the most lucritive position, just curious on average what you folks are making on average..

*** Average income?Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha:ph34r:
Don't get a divorce!:|:ph34r:

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

As far as the tandem income goes, I think Phreezone about nailed it...and trust me, it won't make any difference how good you are, they'll still pay the same ;). However, if you do it as a business, you can take a lot of write-offs and get some great tax breaks as a result; talk to an accountant to see how to set things up and what you need to track. Made about a $3K difference in my taxes last year, probably more this year.

It's interesting to see how long people are willing to keep this stuff up...supposedly the average cut-off is at 400 tandems: you either decide it's great and keep going, or you've had one too many hungover frat boys hanging off you, and just decide to forget it and get a real job again, and use all that extra money for jumps! Good Luck!
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash